SCP-610 News

The Project has reached a point in which enough help has been gathered that the true development will start soon.

Here's some great Concept Art done by Night.

I am still looking for someone who can build indoor areas in unity. So pm me or replay below to help. Also any concept artist we some free time would be appreciated. Also the help of level designers is needed. Any animators would be thanked as well.
Game information -

Story

Your part of the MTF beta 7 "Maz Hatters" Sent deal with end of the world outbreak of SCP-610 that the escaped past the quarantined area in Russia and the mission goes horribly wrong. Your APC is attacked and crashes. You wake up to find your self with most of your squad dead and the rest missing. You are trained to deal with this but without backup or the help of your team your chances of survival are next to nothing. Soon the bitter cold of Russia soon starts to weaken you and the infected startto close in. After wandering and avoiding the infected you come along an recently overrun Foundation site. With the infected and the bitterly cold winds outside,you have no other choice but to enter. Not knowing what you'll find you check what remains of your ammo,cock your gun, take a deep "probably your" calming breath,and step inside.

Game Mechanics
You have gas mask that you have to keep on around the infected,but it blocks some of your vision.

- While you do have an assault rifle and sidearm your low on ammo and guns do not deal much damage too the infected.

-Infected are very deadly even when there is only one.

-While you are a trained MTF you can not last forever. You need to get out without becoming infected.

-Any of your Surviving squad members can and will die or become infected.

-Hand to Hand combat is very dangerous with infected, as your risk of becoming infected are much higher.

-You will have to deal with crazed survivors.

-Will have multiply endings based on how many of your squad members are make it out,how you treat survivors, and weather you become infected or not.

* Current project members
Lotims (Ideas, Voice actor,/all around help) (Developer )
BJFowLer-me (Project management, Level design planer) (Developer)
MonocleBios (Coder)
Gogert777 (Modeler)
Night (Concept Artist/Modeler)
AutomaticCarrot (Modeler/Ideas)
Last edited by BJFowLer on Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Re: SCP-610 News

I like the gas mask idea. What if the player had to put it on whenever they encountered an infected. Such as a random event, they would have to IMMEDIATELY put on their gas mask. It would be a good scare/worry tactic to play on the player haha
Creator of SCP: Containment Breach Trailers, Creator of Containment Breach: Run.

http://www.gageallen.com

You should look at The Thing Videogame, it's an older game, but ha a moral system where your squad mates, depending on the environment and your actions, can either trust you and die for you, or become afraid and accuse you (or other members) of being the Thing (Sometimes they themselves are it.)

As said "The Thing" video game is a good inspiration point to look at, my only gripe with it was that it seems that all of your teammates would die or turn into a Thing. Interesting thing was that I used one of my rare test devices to show that my teammate was not a thing, only for me to enter the next room and for him to turn into a thing.
SCP:CB Administrator. 99% of my statements are my own and do not represent the official developers viewpoint.

Steelpoint wrote:As said "The Thing" video game is a good inspiration point to look at, my only gripe with it was that it seems that all of your teammates would die or turn into a Thing. Interesting thing was that I used one of my rare test devices to show that my teammate was not a thing, only for me to enter the next room and for him to turn into a thing.
That's actually quite hilarious :P Either a bug, or The Thing adapting >.>

Also look into Metro 2033, it's Survival horror set in Post Nuclear apocalyptic Russia, a VERY hard, and VERY good game!

A Hideous Beast wrote:
Steelpoint wrote:As said "The Thing" video game is a good inspiration point to look at, my only gripe with it was that it seems that all of your teammates would die or turn into a Thing. Interesting thing was that I used one of my rare test devices to show that my teammate was not a thing, only for me to enter the next room and for him to turn into a thing.
That's actually quite hilarious :P Either a bug, or The Thing adapting >.>

Also look into Metro 2033, it's Survival horror set in Post Nuclear apocalyptic Russia, a VERY hard, and VERY good game!
I am a sucker for post-apocalyptic games. I will have no choice now but to go and get Metro 2033. :D
I have never played the thing, I must look into this mystery
Creator of SCP: Containment Breach Trailers, Creator of Containment Breach: Run.

http://www.gageallen.com