Re: The Sculpture - Public Beta Released!

Ah, SaitoFOX. It appears you are being a little mean Terrified Virus, if you are not intending to do so, it might be a good idea to state that.
SaitoFOX wrote:My game looks pretty amasing right now.
Uhm, on your "greenlit" page, you said yourself when someone suggested getting better models for your game:
"Better models:
we are currently inproving the models. as you see in the latest update Picture.
also please be aware graphics do not make a game."
If you don't believe me, here is the link to the page:
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/file ... 147622813/
SaitoFOX wrote:i paid and got permission from people before i took models.
Good for you. Terrified Virus never "stole" anything. The game CB is under a Share Alike licence, which means it is free, and must be free. This allows people to use the models and files that come distributed in the game. Unless they are making money off of it, then that would technically be "stealing".
Is Terrified Virus selling the game? No. Is he making money doing it? No. He is not. So he is not stealing in any way, shape, or form. :)

Also, about your site. I see you have a tab to get the game voted up so it can get on greenlit. That would require pricing. Unless states otherwise, which I see it has been, but just so you remember:
If you aren't aware already, all content based off of the SCP Foundation is automatically bound by the Creative Commons Share Alike licence. Meaning, if you have not discussed with the legal holders for the content on the Foundation for permission to sell, make money, or anything for this game. There will be an automatic legal dispuit, and potential legal case, if you refuse to take the game down. Your game would be taken down regardless. Unless you plan on paying Steam out of your wallet for distributing your game. Steam will not distribute a game for free. Unless you can show proof that you are willing to pay for ALL costs, and not sell, or make money, in any way, shape or form, then this game may be put on steam. Otherwise, you will be contacted shortly by the Administrators of the SCP Foundation wiki page.

In case you want to argue, I have talked to many of the moderators and Administrators of the Wiki. So if you would like to debate this, I will set up a discussion with you and several moderators from the original wiki page, along with an administrator or two. All from the SCP Foundation page.

Thanks again for reading :)

Also, I have read that on your page it states that it does not attribute to being distributed by Steam. I already know this. Just making sure you are reminded again, as many people seem to forget.
I, along with several other members of the Foundation wiki page simply wanted to remind you
Also, the tab that leads people to your page states "Vote for this game and help it get on Steam" gives off a contradicting implication. You might want to change that in the future.

Legal licence: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/legalcode

Good luck :)
Last edited by Lotims on Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Creator of SCP: Containment Breach Trailers, Creator of Containment Breach: Run.

http://www.gageallen.com

Lotims wrote:Ah, SaitoFOX. It appears you are being a little mean Terrified Virus, if you are not intending to do so, it might be a good idea to state that.
SaitoFOX wrote:My game looks pretty amasing right now.
Uhm, on your "greenlit" page, you said yourself when someone suggested getting better models for your game:
"Better models:
we are currently inproving the models. as you see in the latest update Picture.
also please be aware graphics do not make a game."
If you don't believe me, here is the link to the page:
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/file ... 147622813/
SaitoFOX wrote:i paid and got permission from people before i took models.
Good for you. Terrified Virus never "stole" anything. The game CB is under a Share Alike licence, which means it is free, and must be free. This allows people to use the models and files that come distributed in the game. Unless they are making money off of it, then that would technically be "stealing".
Is Terrified Virus selling the game? No. Is he making money doing it? No. He is not. So he is not stealing in any way, shape, or form. :)

Also, about your site. I see you have a tab to get the game voted up so it can get on greenlit. That would require pricing. Unless states otherwise, which I see it has been, but just so you remember:
If you aren't aware already, all content based off of the SCP Foundation is automatically bound by the Creative Commons Share Alike licence. Meaning, if you have not discussed with the legal holders for the content on the Foundation for permission to sell, make money, or anything for this game. There will be an automatic legal dispuit, and potential legal case, if you refuse to take the game down. Your game would be taken down regardless. Unless you plan on paying Steam out of your wallet for distributing your game. Steam will not distribute a game for free. Unless you can show proof that you are willing to pay for ALL costs, and not sell, or make money, in any way, shape or form, then this game may be put on steam. Otherwise, you will be contacted shortly by the Administrators of the SCP Foundation wiki page.

In case you want to argue, I have talked to many of the moderators and Administrators of the Wiki. So if you would like to debate this, I will set up a discussion with you and several moderators from the original wiki page, along with an administrator or two. All from the SCP Foundation page.

Thanks again for reading :)

Also, I have read that on your page it states that it does not attribute to being distributed by Steam. I already know this. Just making sure you are reminded again, as many people seem to forget.
I, along with several other members of the Foundation wiki page simply wanted to remind you
Also, the tab that leads people to your page states "Vote for this game and help it get on Steam" gives off a contradicting implication. You might want to change that in the future.

Legal licence: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/legalcode

Good luck :)
first of all, it seems you have not read the whole thing, you only skimmed. i gave him a pros and cons list its not just about "the models" go read it all.

second of all.
greenlight does not require pricing. if you "read" which i know you dont the tags say "Free to play"

Third of all:
The Cost to send around is discussed by valve and i, if the greenlight population (on voting time) is highly accepted.

last off i am not being mean to him, i game him a pro's and cons and he took it wrongly so i defended myself.

please read WHOLE things before Spamming out these long and hard to read paragraphs.

thanks.
SCP WANDER POPULARITY
MMO TYME KINGDOM POPULATIRY

SaitoFOX you are being an internet troll and you don't belong in this topic. I asked you nicely and now I am asking you once more to stop the fighting. I even complimented your game in both mine and yours topic. Yet all you can do is criticize me and now Lotims.

I didn't take your pros and cons list the wrong way. You just wrote it like you were in a terrible mood. I mean, you tell me I could have worked a lot harder, then laugh, then brag about your "amazing" game, which by the way isn't that amazing. If you are so confident you are a great game maker, then you need to be using Unity Pro, not the free edition. Hell, if you are such a great game developer you shouldn't be using Unity at all.

I tried to compliment your game, and all you do is get in a fight with someone who is trying to help me. You didn't even say thank you to my compliments. If I were you, I would shut the hell up, you are making yourself look like a huge asshole.

I will contact a system administrator if there is any more fighting.

SaitoFOX wrote:first of all, it seems you have not read the whole thing, you only skimmed. i gave him a pros and cons list its not just about "the models" go read it all.
I was just talking about how you mentioned how your game was "amazing" and then linked a picture. Then later said to "not compare your game to mine". How is that reasonable?
SaitoFOX wrote:greenlight does not require pricing. if you "read" which i know you dont the tags say "Free to play"
I stated how I was simply reminding you in case you have forgotten the legal copyrights. Which many people do not know the details of.
Also, in terms of the action. It has alerted members from the Wiki page. So, again, you want to continue this "arguing", i'll set up a direct conversation with you and the members, moderators, and administrators with the foundation wiki.
SaitoFOX wrote:The Cost to send around is discussed by valve and i, if the greenlight population (on voting time) is highly accepted.
Regardless of cost. Like I stated before, there is nothing wrong with you paying for it, because in that case that is not selling or pricing the material in any way.
That is legally allowable, but in terms of selling, or using or charging money other than donations from people to pay for, is again, attributed to a legal dispute.
SaitoFOX wrote:last off i am not being mean to him, i game him a pro's and cons and he took it wrongly so i defended myself.
Yet, if he apparently took it wrongly, then explain why myself, and several others saw the bashes you are putting against him? Like I said, if you were not intending to insult, or have mean tone, you should have stated that. Or do so now.

Now, I am sure everyone on here would like an end to this discussion, and continue on with a clean and non condescending tone in terms of discussion of Terrified Virus's game.

Terrified Virus:
I like the shaders used in the game, especially the flashlight.
The one thing I think would help would definitely be lighting up the blades of tall grass with the flashlight.
Other than that, This looks good :)
Last edited by Lotims on Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Creator of SCP: Containment Breach Trailers, Creator of Containment Breach: Run.

http://www.gageallen.com