Re: SCP- The Doctors

If I make the text-based game (maybe using spartan's text/image combo format) I've got a quick question...
How would you want it set up? A constant managing thing where stuff is happening constantly but stops when you log out, or something that changes throughout days so that you can have games lasting for weeks or months if you do a really good job. (obviously difficulty would scale upwards as it went on longer)

I'll give it a shot... it may take a while due to the sheer amount of what can be added in, and because of my current schedule.
I'll try to get it up and running ASAP, I just don't know when that would be.

Meanwhile, I hope someone tries to make the graphical version, I would have but I've always had issues with syncing/networking etc... with graphics.

Thats a really good idea, Spartan322. If we can find someone who can do that, one person does all the text stuff, the other will combine it with the graphics.

To be honest I just want to play something new -_- Games seem to blend together because some things won't play, like the 2012 games... As a side thing, anyone care to name some games I could play?

Bluefox0 wrote: To be honest I just want to play something new -_- Games seem to blend together because some things won't play, like the 2012 games... As a side thing, anyone care to name some games I could play?
Other games forum?
I know I'm making a new 087, there is a 944 in development (don't remember where on the internet) and DivinityStudios on youtube is making 682. (Look at the model renders for it.)

Basically planning on beginning to put this into code tomorrow, it'll take a while but I figured I might as well let you all know that I'm getting started.

Also had a couple more ideas:

2-4 Hour steps - basically the game will update every two to four hours with a bunch of new stuff for you to do, it gives you time to decide what you want to do or how you want to allocate resources, and doesn't require you to be at your computer constantly for fear of missing something.

Events: Containment Breaches, attacks from outside forces, bureaucratic bullcrap, typos (for instance hydrochloric acid, instead of hydroflouric for 682), XK-End of the world scenarios and other things. The severity and frequency of these vary depending on the decisions you make throughout the game.

Status updates sent in message form (containment breaches in the form of incident reports, memos about budgets and staffing, etc...) to give it a more realistic feel.

Resource (Kind of): Favor - Goes up when you do a good job, goes down when breaches happen or you pull reckless stunts. If it goes above a certain level with your superiors, you get promoted, if it goes below a certain level, you get demoted (possibly to keter duty :) ). Possibly have separate favor meters for immediate superiors, O5's, coworkers, underlings. The level of Favor would influence how they perform their jobs and act towards you.

Resource: Money - can be spent to beef up containment, or put into research, etc...