Re: SCP- The Doctors

spartan322 wrote:Ok, but how? I'm kinda lost on how to join a facility.
You have to register... once you register, you have access to the account page and management/chat pages (which aren't written up yet).
On the account page, below the Password Change form should be a button to join an existing facility... If all facilities are full, a new one is automatically created and you join it. (I fixed up the account page, so it should work now, it's still pretty bare bones though, since there's still a massive amount of information that needs to be added to the website overall.)

As I said earlier, right now, you can't actually do anything in the facility yet, but I'm trying to work on that right now.

Update:
Spent today writing up some of the events (the concepts and specifics that is, not the actual code yet )
I have 25 so far, mostly for 008, 106, and 076 as they're some of the more high-risk SCPs.

With regards to events, I'm think I'm going to limit the number of actions you can perform in a certain time period, to keep people from exhausting all the events too quickly or keeping other players from doing anything (maybe limiting it to two to three actions per hour, not counting experimentation, personnel allocation, etc. just major events, you would recoup the actions every hour.)

I'm considering a couple different interfaces for dealing with events.
A) A page you can go to that lists all of the different things that have to be handled.
B) A page that shows a general layout of the facility with more detailed diagnostic information on each SCP, especially around their containment chambers, and allows you to take corrective action. For example, it would display alerts if systems for 076 have failed or acid levels are getting low on 682, etc... This of course would be in addition to accidents (D's being exposed to 008, 106 escaping, etc.) and attacks from the outside. (if you couldn't tell, I'm favoring this interface at the moment). I think that this would give more of a feel of maintaining a facility than just a basic list of things.

The next week won't have that many updates due to it being finals week at my univ, so if all goes well, more updates will follow in a week.

As I said, it was mostly writing out what I wanted to put in, and trying to come up with a way to integrate it in.

I'm testing the layouts and so on myself and will only upload once the layout and some functionality is written in. I figure that nothing right now is better than a whole bunch of partial pages.

PHP is all serverside communication, so even though it doesn't look like I wrote up a whole lot, there's at least a couple hundred lines of code on each page that you can't see that I've had to write up to get this to work properly. Since this is all being written from scratch, it is a bit time consuming.

I'm only able to dedicate small amounts of time to coding every day, due to univ and sports. If I had more time in the day, I could have a basic framework done in just a couple days, as it is however, I can only get small chunks of code done everyday. I'm doing my best, but patience is required. I'll announce on here when some of the other pages are up...

Also, your signing up helped me track down another bug that I've been having with my databases and how they link to facilities, so thanks!

Bluefox0 wrote:We should have a game where you are one of the Doctors or Scientist doing the day to day tests around the facility. Where we can test each of the SCP's and it doesn't even need to have graphics! It can all be a text game. At least by what I think. It would be alot harder to do with graphics.
We started with a suggestion post to a complicated micromanaging game already in development by skilled forumers. A flood of SCP games! This should be a little less redundant than walking through hallways to creepy ambience like every other SCP CB clone...
I WANT TO [REDACTED] INSIDE TWILIGHT SPARKLE
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Atheros drivers SUCK!

We started with a suggestion post to a complicated micromanaging game already in development by skilled forumers. A flood of SCP games! This should be a little less redundant than walking through hallways to creepy ambience like every other SCP CB clone...
Does that mean its already in development on another forum?

Ok, I've tried with the logo, but I'm having trouble. I need to now what kind of texture we are going to use. You guys mentioned realistic 16 bit, which I can do (to an extent), but I need to know, cause the logo I'm doing involves having the silouetes of a few scientists, and I'll like to have them be the same style the game is going to be.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-