SCP-610 'Game' Infected Ideas

*This document is for those with Level 3 Clearance only*

STAGE 1: Runner
A human who has just converted will not be very difficult to terminate. Due to the extreme cold of Russia the infected has not converted much and still looks very human. Neutralizing these premature infected subjects requires significant cranial trauma "a gunshot to the head is sufficient to terminate them". However they still retain their motor skills and can move at a very fast pace. They will attempt to bite, cut, or vomit on any uninfected organism they encounter.

THREAT LEVEL: LOW-MEDIUM

STAGE 2: Flesh Walker
At this point in the infection most human traits have evaporated. Firearms now have little effect in lest they are keep under constant fire. They are highly infectious and should be dealt with accordingly. However they have loss most of their motor skills and move at a slow pace. They are able to be over powered in close combat and however doing so will be very difficult. They possess an instinct to bite towards the neck in an attempt to infect their victim. However only contact with their skin is needed to become infected.

THREAT LEVEL: MEDIUM - HIGH

STAGE 3: Flesh Brute
This are some of this most dangerous infected encountered to date. They are a mass of flesh made of multiple bodies, being very hard to kill they should be avoided at all cost. The only means of killing them have been extremely heavy damage to their body or very high temperature fire. It is highly advised not to engage them in close combat.

THREAT LEVEL: HIGH-VERY HIGH

On a further note any new infected encountered are to be listed as Stage 1,Stage 2,or Stage 3. While infected can vary wildly they should still be able to be categorized with these templates.

P.S Please reply with ideas below.

Re: SCP-610 'Game' Infected Ideas

I take it, that this is an FPS? Sounds L4D ish. Anyway, maybe some infected who hangs from walls (vertically) with tentacles in their shoulders, who try to grab you? They'd be fast, and unnerving. They'd start with their backs to the ceiling, and then when alerted, they'd drop and hang from the ceiling. The tentacles would move them around, while the actual body did the attacking (Grabbing, clawing, ect....)

Sorry to come across that way no, this is not an fps and while guns are included this is a survival horror game. This will be a lot slower paced then Left 4 Dead and there will be no point in the game where you will Ever be able to stand up to more than two-four infected even at that you are very easily infected or killed. Just one infected will be able to bring you down in a few hits.

The infected types do not have special attacks and such, their danger comes from the more time that passes;the more and more hard they hard to kill and infectious
they become. For example if you encounter a Flesh Brute there is no way you can fight it with just guns. You have to run and hide, the only purpose guns serve once someone is that far into the infection is to slow it down, that being said this is true for even Stage 1 infected. Sure go ahead, shoot it in the head cause you just alerted an entire base filled to the brim with horrible, snarling, flesh monsters. To end this very long post thanks for the idea and if anybody reading this would like to give their thoughts on how guns should be used in game and how combat should work please post below. Also more any ideas you have will be considered.

Thanks

-BJFowLer.

First of all, let me tell you that what little I've seen of your idea is very interesting. It's among the few SCP fan games that I really wanna play. And it helps that I love 610. :D

But I wanted to quickly comment on this one bit.
BJFowLer wrote:Sorry to come across that way no, this is not an fps and while guns are included this is a survival horror game.
I'm glad that this game won't have too much gun play. But I wanted to point out that an fps can still be a successful survival horror. If something is trying to kill you and you have a gun, you're most likely going to try to use that gun to defend yourself. That's survival. The horror can come from the atmosphere, the monsters, and the fact that you aren't totally safe even with a gun. Gun play and horror combined can still be good!

And now with that admittedly off-topic (And possibly snooty) note aside, I'll be checking out this game and its development out of interest. :wink:

The goal of the game is to escape the area? In that case, you should have it start out so that "Runners" are stalking around the corridors and are slowly turning into Flesh Walkers and finally Flesh Brutes. An interesting take on the 610 game IMO should be that you have to hunt these "Runners" down before they worsen into super dangerous beasts. However, make this task nearly impossible so that the player is still constantly plagued by the thought of Flesh Walkers, and god forbid a Flesh Brute somewhere on his tail. Then insert terrifying chase sequences where multiple rounds will be fired out of extreme insecurity :)

I might be completely, completely off from what you wanted/were trying to do, but there's my take on an interesting 610 concept anyway. Hope it helped in some way!
"Yes, it's a goddamn nuke, but if 682 survives and adapts we'd be boned beyond belief."

by 106phobia » Wed May 08, 2013 7:02 pm

First of all, let me tell you that what little I've seen of your idea is very interesting. It's among the few SCP fan games that I really wanna play. And it helps that I love 610.

But I wanted to quickly comment on this one bit.

BJFowLer wrote:
Sorry to come across that way no, this is not an fps and while guns are included this is a survival horror game.

I'm glad that this game won't have too much gun play. But I wanted to point out that an fps can still be a successful survival horror. If something is trying to kill you and you have a gun, you're most likely going to try to use that gun to defend yourself. That's survival. The horror can come from the atmosphere, the monsters, and the fact that you aren't totally safe even with a gun. Gun play and horror combined can still be good!

And now with that admittedly off-topic (And possibly snooty) note aside, I'll be checking out this game and its development out of interest.

Yes but, part of the game you will not even have the gun, most of the desperation comes from the fact that there's nothing you can do to defend yourself. Think like SCP:CB however you still can find ammo and guns but the fact of the matter is that your character is in a near hopeless situation. But don't worry Gun play is still going to be fully fleshed out and not just a thrown on feature.

by scpharrisee » Wed May 08, 2013 8:17 pm

The goal of the game is to escape the area? In that case, you should have it start out so that "Runners" are stalking around the corridors and are slowly turning into Flesh Walkers and finally Flesh Brutes. An interesting take on the 610 game IMO should be that you have to hunt these "Runners" down before they worsen into super dangerous beasts. However, make this task nearly impossible so that the player is still constantly plagued by the thought of Flesh Walkers, and god forbid a Flesh Brute somewhere on his tail. Then insert terrifying chase sequences where multiple rounds will be fired out of extreme insecurity

I might be completely, completely off from what you wanted/were trying to do, but there's my take on an interesting 610 concept anyway. Hope it helped in some way!

You're pretty close but hunting down the Runners or Stage 1s is not advised. Keep in mind they can still kill you and even infect you. It doesn't even take a bite, just them spiting on you or even touching you in some cases. The threat of Flesh Walkers is very real from the start, a close encounter with just one is enough to end you. Head shots do not bring them down and they don't feel pain. With Flesh Brutes... Well run like hell.

Well, okay then, I must've misinterpreted what you meant. Anyway with the gun play I'd like to see a real slow ADS (Aim Down Sight) speed. Like uh at least a second, and a ton of weapon sway would be good. Also a fear meter could be cool, it'd affect breathing, which in turn, would affect weapon sway and accuracy. It'd also make you a little easier to hear. Annnnnnd the enemy idea I had could still work, it could almost act as an enemy guard tower. It's main ability is to seek the player, due to it's height and agility. Anyways, just tossin ideas out there.