Re: No More Monsters (Game idea, open for grabs)

maniac1198 wrote:Well I just finished the main menu complete with the background, a play and exit button, and an ominous noise in the background :laugh: Also i think i have a good plot for the beginning room so here it is:

You wake up in a dark room in the scp facility, its dark and you have no memory of the past day. You slowly get up when suddenly a dark, floating, shadow covered creature with red piercing eyes emerges into the room, it flies towards you in an attempt to kill you when the lights in the room flash on stunning the creature, he turns and flees away from the light floating through the wall.

As you get up you see the surroundings of the room, its a small room with two doors, multiple filing cabinets, a table with a note on it, a fallen chair near the table, and what looks like an intercom panel on the wall.

If the character tries to open the doors they will remain shut and he will exclaim "Locked...why am i not surprised"
When the character activates the note it will show up as a piece of note book paper with scribbled on it:
"If anyone is reading this, I'm sorry, I had to get way from those things. Ive locked the exit until all power returns to the sector. I'm sorry"
After reading the note the character will exclaim: "Well im trapped... but maybe I can broadcast help message over that intercom."
The intercom panel now becomes usable once the character activates the intercom he will say: Hello!...can anybody hear me?!
after a few seconds of silence a message comes through the speakers initiating a conversation:

Intercom: " Who is this? Are you authorized to do this? because usually you cant just send broadcasts across the facility, especially now. Why the call?

You: "WHY?! I'm trapped in a this room thats why!"

Intercom"wait, trapped? but your coordinates are no where near the lockdown"

You " Lockdown? What the hell is going on? all i know is that was sent here to do research on dangerous, non sentient SCP's. I was attacked by...something until the lights came on and now im trapped. Now tell me why theres a lockdown?"

intercom "listen a containment breach has occurred in sector 14 of the facility, it was caused by a power surge. But the sector is nowhere near you, unless..."

You "unless what?!"

intercom'unless the power outage in 14 is somehow connected to your area...but that is only done when theres an scp that can compromise electrical circuits around it"

you" well what scp's are near me?"

Intercom " I cant tell from here, access to the virtual database of the scps has been shut down during the breach to prevent free scps to access it. I can tell you that theres a physical library near your location, I can unlock one of those doors but the other one has been locked somehow...anyway see if you can find that library and try and stay away from whatever attacked you."

you "well this should be fun..."

and thats what i have planned so far, I can do the voice acting myself and alter one of my voices to sound different with an audio editor.
122-1 instances can't go through walls, but I can see them mistaking a light for a more powerful Site member. As for the dialogue, I like it. Just dial down the drama and yelling and it'll look great. By the way, can you send me some screenshots of what you have so far?

Re: No More Monsters

Hey sorry I havent been on in a while Ive been super busy and was on vacation last week, Im now back at my computer and have plenty of time to get working, ive been working on the 3d models of things like furniture and walls but its been slow, i should have something worthy of a screen shot by probably monday or tuesday again sorry about the delay im going to really kick it into overdrive and crack down on this :laugh:

maniac1198 wrote:Hey sorry I havent been on in a while Ive been super busy and was on vacation last week, Im now back at my computer and have plenty of time to get working, ive been working on the 3d models of things like furniture and walls but its been slow, i should have something worthy of a screen shot by probably monday or tuesday again sorry about the delay im going to really kick it into overdrive and crack down on this :laugh:
Happy to hear that, I was worried that this project had gone dead. I can wait until then. For now, I'll just work on some more smaller stuff that could be added on later.

Well its tuesday, and ive made a ton of progress over the past few days so heres a list:
*Base 3D models and textures, including a primitive texture for SCP 122-1.
*Can interact with world with crosshair and button, ive already added a lightswitch and a document that can be read.
*That first conversation has been made, its currently subtitles.
*Ive made the scripting for doors which can be locked, also theres a light over the door thats red when locked and green when unlocked.
*SCP-122-1 has some basic AI, he looks at you, follows you, and on contact a gameover screen is displayed with an option to retry or go back to the start screen.
*Ive started on sound, but theres not much yet, 122-1 does make a ghostly growl when near him.
*I have access to finale, which is a music composition application, I have experience with music composition and will start on music soon.

Ok so most of whats been done is the backbone of the game, so theres not alot of level design its currently just one room with a locked door and an unlocked door that leads nowhere.
Ive compiled what I call NMM V.0.1
also since i cant attach files email me and ill send the game to you
my email it [email protected]
Here are the controls:
Mouse:look around
asdw/arrows:move around
ctrl: interacts with the object the crosshair is on, take not that you must be near the object
tab: Exits from reading documents
esc: reappears mouse, for exiting the application
NOTE: on the intercom to continue the conversation just interact with it again. also you have to exit the game manually
tell me what you think :D

Edit: Also Im going to make a new thread for updates on development im going to plan to give updates on what ive added every half week, and eventually some open beta releases though id like to keep it closed for now, its nice to see our game on the game list So be sure to check on it because thats where the updates will be.

Don't double post.

Sorry for the late post. I've been too busy on the CB wiki to check. Happy to see that you've made big progress. I'll look into what you have so far. My gmail is [email protected]. I'll send you a message to tell you that I found you. ; )
And yes, I managed to and us a spot on the list. CP had no problem w/ it.