The Red Pool

THE RED POOL
Creator: Proslayer64

Description:
SCP-354 will be contained in an enclosure, which will be surrounded by an outer wall. There will be four walls in both the enclosure, and the outer wall on each side. Players will start off with a 9mm pistol, a jacket, and a combat knife. They must prevent the treat emerging from the pool from escaping. If the entities break one of the gates inside the enclosure, they will ignore all other enclosure gates and will just exit through the destroyed one. AI Guards equipped with a sniper rifle inhabiting towers will assist the players. If the entities destroy the second gate and escape, or kill all the players present, the players lose. The game will begin as soon as enough players have joined (This is still be considered and may not be final).

Plot:
Ever since [REDACTED] entities have began to emerge from SCP-354 in a faster rate. As of [REDACTED] after the events of [DATA EXPUNGED] and the death of Site-Head [REDACTED], highly-trained individuals have been recruited to prevent the treat emerging from the SCP from escaping, but these individuals have been provided with low-quality gear and weapons due to the entities emerging from the pool being weak as of [REDACTED]. The new site-head, John Mengkester Swillgillton, will aid them at all times. Ever since [REDACTED], the Chaos Insurgency has been attacking the site containing SCP-354. In the event of a Chaos Insurgency attack, guard personnel inhabiting towers outside of the enclosure containing SCP-354 are to alert the personnel inside at all times.

Factions:
Spoiler
The SCP Foundation: Clandestine and worldwide, The SCP Foundation operates beyond jurisdiction, empowered and entrusted by every major
world government with the task of containing 'items which jeopardize normalcy'. Many of these 'items' pose both a physical danger to people and a psychological mistrust in worldly affairs, their personal beliefs, and an interruption to daily life.

-Commonly known as SCPs, these articles are overview reports of individual 'items' in containment by SCP personnel and facilities.

-One of the most essential functions of the Foundation is to compile and consolidate information about artifacts in our possession, or observed outside of our
scope of influence.

The Chaos Insurgency: The Chaos Insurgency is a splinter group of the Foundation, created by a rogue cell that went A.W.O.L. with several highly useful SCPs in 1924. Since then, the Insurgency has become a major player on the world stage, using the SCPs that it obtains for its own personal benefit and to consolidate its global power base. The Insurgency not only deals in SCPs, but also in weapons running and intelligence gathering.

- Logic out of illogic.
Rounds:
Spoiler
There will three different types of rounds: Normal, Boss, and CI rounds. In total, there will be 50 rounds.

Normal Rounds: In these rounds, normal entities will emerge from the pool. There will be different types of entities: normal, tanks/meatshields, and mini-
bosses. Entities will not attack at once, but rather in 'waves' on each round. Normal rounds end after all entities have been eliminated. The next round will
begin after 30 seconds have passed, giving time for players to purchase new items.

Boss Rounds: Every ten rounds (5 in total), a boss will emerge from the pool. Each boss will be different and unique. Unlike normal entities, bosses will not
attempt to escape, but the entities that it can summon will attempt to escape.

Chaos Insurgency Rounds: Occasionally, Chaos Insurgency will attack the site. Unlike normal round, entities will not emerge from the pool. There will be
three different units: Soldier, Assassin, and Heavy Soldier.

Soldier: Most common unit out of all the three. Average HP and speed. Equipped with a black version of the SCP Foundation kevlar, a
combat knife, and an F-2000 or a P-90

Assassin: Slightly less common than the soldier. Low HP, lacks defense, but run fast. Equipped with pistols and night-vision
goggles. Some may be equipped with a cloaking device.

Heavy Soldier: Stronger version of the soldier. High HP, but slow and immune to knockback. Equipped with a heavily modified
version of the black Kevlar, a combat, and a mini-gun or a grenade launcher. Only 3-10 will be encountered depending on the round number.

Note: Unlike normal rounds, CI rounds last three minutes. After the duration, the round ends and normal rounds will resume.
Other:
Spoiler
Gates: The gates are the containment doors for the site. Initially, they will have 100 HP and 50% defense. Entities will try to breach
these gates in order to escape, meaning that the players will have guard each gate.

Towers: The towers will not be assessable to the players, nor the entities. AI guards equipped with sniper rifles will be occupying
these towers. The purpose they serve is to assist the players if the entities have breached the enclosure containing the SCP.

Shop: There will be a shop available to the players. They will be able to purchase new items using the points they earned from
killing the entities. This includes new armour, new weapons, and more.
Screenshots:
Spoiler
Last edited by Ltn Vasquez on Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:25 am, edited 3 times in total.

Re: The Red Pool

OK, will you need modelers and animators and stuff?
I'm bad at keeping my emotions bubbled and end up being perfect. It would have been trouble.

Gogert777 wrote:OK, will you need modelers and animators and stuff?
I certainly will need them. Infact, I need them right now. :L
Nothing to see here, folks.

Interesting. This I'm looking forward to.
I really wish I could help in some way...
Perhaps I could create some sort of sounds? I can make some ambient noises and stuff.
Spoiler
book hat

tumblingcogs wrote:Interesting. This I'm looking forward to.
I really wish I could help in some way...
Perhaps I could create some sort of sounds? I can make some ambient noises and stuff.
Omniary is assisting me with sounds, but I could also use some ambient sounds and perhaps music.
Shedletsky wrote:it is blockland or what game or what the wtf? is it :roll:
The game requires Blockland in order to play it.

Oh, and I also need somebody to do the voice for the Site-Head.

sweet, i'll get working on noises and music.
What kind of music would you be looking for?
Hopefully electronic or i can't help you there..
Spoiler
book hat

tumblingcogs wrote:sweet, i'll get working on noises and music.
Well, no. However, I could use electronic music for one boss. (A robotic boss) Softcore would probably be the best.

ProSlayer64 wrote:
tumblingcogs wrote:sweet, i'll get working on noises and music.
Well, no. However, I could use electronic music for one boss. (A robotic boss) Softcore would probably be the best.
Well, by electronic i really meant Ambient/Drone/Downtempo. But, I could try whipping up a boss battle theme, if you'd like. ^-^
Spoiler
book hat