Re: The Red Pool

tumblingcogs wrote:
ProSlayer64 wrote:
tumblingcogs wrote:sweet, i'll get working on noises and music.
What kind of music would you be looking for?
Hopefully electronic or i can't help you there..
Well, no. However, I could use electronic music for one boss. (A robotic boss) Softcore would probably be the best.
Well, by electronic i really meant Ambient/Drone/Downtempo. But, I could try whipping up a boss battle theme, if you'd like. ^-^
I would certainly like a theme exclusively for boss battles.
Nothing to see here, folks.

tumblingcogs wrote:I'll see what I can do. Softcore type thing?

Yes, please. Also, are you able to make an ambient sound for the generators that power the light stands?

ProSlayer64 wrote:

Yes, please. Also, are you able to make an ambient sound for the generators that power the light stands?
I can certainly try. Maybe a whirring or buzzing noise? And perhaps I could try and make a soft and subtle yet in your face kind of thing? People say I'm good at that,
Spoiler
book hat

tumblingcogs wrote:
ProSlayer64 wrote: Yes, please. Also, are you able to make an ambient sound for the generators that power the light stands?
I can certainly try. Maybe a whirring or buzzing noise? And perhaps I could try and make a soft and subtle yet in your face kind of thing? People say I'm good at that,
You might could go off of the generator sound effects in Slender: The Arrival...?
3DS Friend Code: [DATA EXPUNGED] / Wii U Username: [REDACTED]

tumblingcogs wrote:
ProSlayer64 wrote:

A whirring sound would be more suitable for the generator.
tumblingcogs wrote:And perhaps I could try and make a soft and subtle yet in your face kind of thing? People say I'm good at that,
What do you mean by this? Please elaborate.

I'll see. I may need to screw with Sophia and hope it doesn't crash like it always does. Dumb VSTs.
Um, I dunno. I can make stuff that is really soft and a bit discomforting, yet in your face and atmospheric yet, if we're talking boss battle, that doesn't sound very fitting... Hmm.
Spoiler
book hat

Nidera wrote:You might could go off of the generator sound effects in Slender: The Arrival...?
A nice idea, but wouldn't it be a little unoriginal to rip sounds off an official game? I've seen it before and it just feels, to me, like they didn't try all that much... But I do see where you're coming from there.
Spoiler
book hat

tumblingcogs wrote:
Nidera wrote:You might could go off of the generator sound effects in Slender: The Arrival...?
A nice idea, but wouldn't it be a little unoriginal to rip sounds off an official game? I've seen it before and it just feels, to me, like they didn't try all that much... But I do see where you're coming from there.
As inspiration/something to follow, not to rip it exactly from the game :P
And now that I think about it, The Last of Us has way better generator sounds than Slender.
(Also, just a fore-warning since you're new: the moderators WILL give you a warning if you keep double posting. Wait for someone else to post or edit your post to include your new thoughts).
3DS Friend Code: [DATA EXPUNGED] / Wii U Username: [REDACTED]

tumblingcogs wrote:I'll see. I may need to screw with Sophia and hope it doesn't crash like it always does. Dumb VSTs.
Um, I dunno. I can make stuff that is really soft and a bit discomforting, yet in your face and atmospheric yet, if we're talking boss battle, that doesn't sound very fitting... Hmm.
All right.

Also, I'm going to work on (and possibly finish) the build tomorrow. It's been awhile since I've worked on it.