The Red Pool [New Topic]

THE RED POOL
Creator: Proslayer64/KelBlock

NOTE
Spoiler
The game requires Blockland in order to play. You can purchase Blockland for 20$.
DESCRIPTION
SCP-354 will be contained in an enclosure, which will be surrounded by an outer wall. There will be four walls in both the enclosure, and the outer wall on each side. Players will start off with a 9mm pistol, a jacket, and a combat knife. They must prevent the threat emerging from the pool from escaping. If the entities break one of the gates inside the enclosure, they will ignore all other enclosure gates and will just exit through the destroyed one. AI guards equipped with a sniper rifle inhabiting towers will assist the players if the entities have breached the enclosure. If the entities destroy the second gate and escape, or kill all the players present, the players lose. The game will begin as soon as enough players have joined (This is still being considered and may not be final).

PLOT
Spoiler
Item #: SCP-354

Object Class: Keter

Special Containment Procedures: Due to SCP-354's immobile nature, the Red Pool Containment Site has been built around it. This containment area houses forces and D-class personnel prepared to deal with threats emerging from SCP-354, as well as researchers studying SCP-354 and its properties. For their own safety, no on-site personnel are to approach SCP-354 at any time. Direct interaction with SCP-354 is permitted only for the purpose of research to eliminate SCP-354 and must be approved by O5 personnel.

The Red Pool Containment Site was constructed to contain and neutralize any and all further threats emerging from SCP-354. At the heart of the containment area, a twenty (20) foot wall of concrete reinforced with [DATA EXPUNGED] has been constructed around SCP-354 to prevent emerging entities from escaping into the area at large. High-speed motion detection cameras are placed atop the wall looking down into the pool.

Description: SCP-354 is a pool of red liquid discovered in northern Canada. The liquid is of a consistency similar to that of human blood (hence the colloquial name Blood Pond) but is not of a biological nature. The pool does not have definite banks; soil mixes with the liquid until, at a certain point, there is more soil than liquid and the ground is mostly solid. The liquid becomes denser as one descends deeper into the pool; if the pool has a bottom, it has yet to be reached.

Periodically, entities emerge from the pool and attempt to escape from the enclosure. Thusfar, nearly all creatures emerging from SCP-354 have been extremely hostile and highly dangerous.

Addendum-354-01: Following the events of Incident-[REDACTED], the number of entities emerging from SCP-354 on average has increased by 43% in the last month alone. Highly-trained combat units have been assigned to the Red Pool Containment Site as a replacement for the now deceased Head Site member Dr. Crit. Units have been equipped with weaponry of low-level damage potency as a response to a sudden weakining of entities as of Incident-[REDACTED]. Site-Head John Mengkester Swillgillton has been assiged to assist with the containment of SCP-354 and the termination of future incidents regarding SCP-354 entities.

Addendum-354-02: Following Incidient-[DATA EXPUNGED], attacks by the Chaos Insurgency have increased in frequency by 32%, resulting in a significant rise in loss of site personnel. As a response to this recent issue, any and all sightings of Chaos Insurgency forces are to be reported and treated as a level 5 threat. All available combat units are to engage Chaos Insurgency forces on site. Any and all suspicious-acting personnel are to be reported to Head of Staff immediately. Refusal will result in consequences.
FACTIONS
Spoiler
The SCP Foundation: Clandestine and worldwide, The SCP Foundation operates beyond jurisdiction, empowered and entrusted by every major
world government with the task of containing 'items which jeopardize normalcy'. Many of these 'items' pose both a physical danger to people and a psychological mistrust in worldly affairs, their personal beliefs, and an interruption to daily life.

-Commonly known as SCPs, these articles are overview reports of individual 'items' in containment by SCP personnel and facilities.

-One of the most essential functions of the Foundation is to compile and consolidate information about artifacts in our possession, or observed outside of our
scope of influence.

The Chaos Insurgency: The Chaos Insurgency is a splinter group of the Foundation, created by a rogue cell that went A.W.O.L. with several highly useful SCPs in 1924. Since then, the Insurgency has become a major player on the world stage, using the SCPs that it obtains for its own personal benefit and to consolidate its global power base. The Insurgency not only deals in SCPs, but also in weapons running and intelligence gathering.

- Logic out of illogic.
ROUNDS
Spoiler
There will three different types of rounds: Normal, Boss, and CI rounds. In total, there will be 50 rounds.

Normal Rounds: In these rounds, normal entities will emerge from the pool. There will be different types of entities: normal, tanks/meatshields, and mini-
bosses. Entities will not attack at once, but rather in 'waves' on each round. Normal rounds end after all entities have been eliminated. The next round will
begin after 30 seconds have passed, giving time for players to purchase new items.

Boss Rounds: Every ten rounds (5 in total), a boss will emerge from the pool. Each boss will be different and unique. Unlike normal entities, bosses will not
attempt to escape, but the entities that it can summon will attempt to escape.

Chaos Insurgency Rounds: Occasionally, the Chaos Insurgency will attack the site. Unlike normal round, entities will not emerge from the pool. There will be three different units featured: Soldier, Assassin, and Heavy Soldier. There will also be two vehicles and one drone featured: Foster-Miller TALON, drop-off helicopter, and the armoured personnel carrier.

GROUNDS UNITS

Soldier: Most common unit out of all the three. Average HP and speed. Equipped with a black version of the SCP Foundation kevlar, a
combat knife, and any decent assault rifle or shotgun featured in the game.

Assassin: Slightly less common than the soldier. Low HP, lacks defense, but the unit makes up for it's speed. The assassin is equipped with a silenced pistol and night-vision goggles. Some may be equipped with a cloaking device.

Heavy Soldier: Stronger version of the soldier. The unit has an high amount of HP and is immune to knockback, albeit it's slow. The unit is equipped with a heavily modified version of the black kevlar, a combat knife, and a either mini-gun or a grenade launcher. Only 3-10 will be encountered depending on the round number.

VEHICLES/DRONES

Foster-Miller TALON:Automated drone equipped with a LMG. Somewhat more common than the heavy soldier, but less common than the assassin. Unit is somewhat slower than players, but makes up for it's moderate defense and above-average HP.

Drop-off helicopter: A helicopter that drops off only assassin, soldier, and TALON units. Unit is first common when the round initially starts. Unit is not directly hostile.

Armoured personnel carrier:APCs that will commonly drop off soldiers, but rarely heavy soldiers. Like the helicopter, unit it common when the round initially starts. Unit is not directly hostile.

M1 Abrams Tank:Heavily armoured tanks. Extremely high defense and HP, but somewhat slow. Only 3-5 are encountered depending on the round number.

Note: Compared to normal rounds, CI rounds last 3-5 minutes. After the duration, said round ends and normal rounds will resume.
OTHER
Spoiler
Gates: The gates are the containment doors for the site. Initially, they will have 100 HP and 50% defense. Entities will attempt to breach these gates in order to escape. Players must defend each gate from the entities.

Towers: The towers will be accessible to the players, but not to the entities. AI guards equipped with sniper rifles will be occupying these towers. The purpose they serve is to assist the players if the entities have breached the enclosure containing SCP-354. Players may also use the towers to shoot down entities with sniper rifles from a distance, or shoot down M1 Abrams tanks with temporarily provided rocket launchers.

Shop: There will be a shop available to players. They will be able to purchase new items using the points they earned from killing the entities. This includes new armour, new weapons, and more.
SCREENSHOTS
CREDITS
Spoiler
ProSlayer64 - Building, screenshots, ideas, game creator
Ltn Vasquez - Creating the initial topic
Deadzone - Building, modeling
The Red Menace - (Possibly) Modeling, codes
Omniary - Sounds
tumblingcogs - Sounds, (Possibly) music
Z-Bites - Rewriting the plot
Dr.Tyler O. - Modeling
Dillpickle - Building
Last edited by ProSlayer64 on Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:46 am, edited 9 times in total.
Nothing to see here, folks.

Re: The Red Pool [New Topic]

ProSlayer64 wrote:
Nidera wrote:Did you move it so people won't think that Ltn is the creator? :p
Yes, but that's not the primary reason. I created a new one because Ltn hasn't been able to update it commonly.
Ah, ok. Also, are you going to put a list of people working on it and what they're doing to contribute like some of the other mods?
3DS Friend Code: [DATA EXPUNGED] / Wii U Username: [REDACTED]

Ltn Vasquez wrote:Thanks, Slayer. I feel like previous efforts were definetely worth it -___-

Besides, I have another life, you know. I can't constantly update.
Thank you very much for creating the initial topic, though. And yes, I do understand.
Nidera wrote: Ah, ok. Also, are you going to put a list of people working on it and what they're doing to contribute like some of the other mods?
Yes, I am.

"They must prevent the treat emerging from the pool from escaping." Might wanna fix that lol XD. And that message you sent me, it appears my work will be cut out for me. I don't have much time to dedicate to this so I will need a team to back me up. If you can find other designers to help I will start working on code immediately. NOTE that I am using LUA not Blitz3d, it will allow for the game to run smoothly at a large capacity and even enable multiplayer capabilities if I work at it long enough.
The Red Menace

The Red Menace wrote:"They must prevent the treat emerging from the pool from escaping." Might wanna fix that lol XD. And that message you sent me, it appears my work will be cut out for me. I don't have much time to dedicate to this so I will need a team to back me up. If you can find other designers to help I will start working on code immediately. NOTE that I am using LUA not Blitz3d, it will allow for the game to run smoothly at a large capacity and even enable multiplayer capabilities if I work at it long enough.
Oops, silly me! And it's okay. I understand. You don't need to model all of it. You may model some of the models I request (The TALON, for instance), but I fully understand. Also, Blockland is coded in a heavily modified version of Torque Engine (Not Torque 3D).

ProSlayer64 wrote:
The Red Menace wrote:"They must prevent the treat emerging from the pool from escaping." Might wanna fix that lol XD. And that message you sent me, it appears my work will be cut out for me. I don't have much time to dedicate to this so I will need a team to back me up. If you can find other designers to help I will start working on code immediately. NOTE that I am using LUA not Blitz3d, it will allow for the game to run smoothly at a large capacity and even enable multiplayer capabilities if I work at it long enough.
Oops, silly me! And it's okay. I understand. You don't need to model all of it. You may model some of the models I request (The TALON, for instance), but I fully understand. Also, Blockland is coded in a heavily modified version of Torque Engine (Not Torque 3D).
Ok, I just have to let you know I will not be working on any projects for a while, something came up and I won't really be on the forum much. I will be back though.
The Red Menace