Re: SCP - Virtual Pets Simulator

I'm aware that it has been several months since I last updated this thread, but I'd just like to announce that I'm starting to continue development on this game. With my exams out of the way and the fact that I finally beat Metroid Prime 1 I can finally start to continue working on the game.

As of now the only thing I've really changed since the last update is the fact that I've begun implementing a basic shop system. My idea is for the player to be able to buy food and equipment (which of course will be SCP themed) so that the player can do more activities with their pet. I'm also going the Virtual Pets route and implementing a love meter which will be affected based on how you treat your pet. This can also affect its eating habit since if you don't treat your pet properly they will begin to refuse to eat what you feed them which will ultimately lead to your SCP dying.

I am however currently stuck on one problem. As I mentioned before I'm attempting to implement a shop system which means that the player will be able to gain currency. The only problem is....I don't really have any ideas as to how the player should gain currency. My original plan was for the player to gain more money by playing activities with their pet but I think that'd work better as a secondary way of getting currency rather then the primary way.

Until I think of a way, I'll be focusing more on the shop and the activities. I hope to be able to release a demo of the game within a few weeks, though I can't 100% guarantee that.

Re: SCP - Virtual Pets Simulator

That's great to hear, I'm assuming you guys have got it covered anyway.
Best of luck to you, I don't see many SCP games even coming up with Demos let alone getting as far as SCPCB, so I'm happy to know this project as well is getting worked on, and I hope it goes far, or at least as far as you want it.