Re: SCP - Foundation Corridors

spartan322 wrote:How will you escape 173 then? Because he can kill you in less than a second if you look away.
Perhaps 173's mannerisms can be altered for the sake of gameplay? I think it would be neat if he didn't move across the room if you turned for a second, but he would be slightly faster than you. So you would have to plan how you move through the room while still staying far enough from him. Could make for some hard puzzles.
It slep time bunner.

Omniary wrote:
spartan322 wrote:How will you escape 173 then? Because he can kill you in less than a second if you look away.
Perhaps 173's mannerisms can be altered for the sake of gameplay? I think it would be neat if he didn't move across the room if you turned for a second, but he would be slightly faster than you. So you would have to plan how you move through the room while still staying far enough from him. Could make for some hard puzzles.
That could actually work. Although it would have to be made carefully so that it is neither impossible nor too easy.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

The ideas for 173 are pretty good. I can make it so when you press a certain button that you walk backwards. Also, here's the buttons for anyone wondering.

Movement ......................Arrow Keys, 2,4,6,8
Cancel, Display Menu..........X, Esc, 0
Sprint............................Shift, Z
Manually Blink..................Q, Page Up
Select, Inspect.................C, Enter, Space
Display in Full-Screen.........Alt+Enter
Close Application.............Alt+F4
Title...........................F12
Properties.................... F1
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time

Cridone wrote:The ideas for 173 are pretty good. I can make it so when you press a certain button that you walk backwards. Also, here's the buttons for anyone wondering.
Yes, walking backwards would make dealing with 173 easier and better than the short movement idea.

Also, one question, I'm guessing the game is exploration based, will there be any type of puzzles, or just trying to escape SCP:CB style?

EDIT: Awesome, I'm eager to try it out.

Will the final game work only on windows? Or will it also work on mac or linux?
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

spartan322 wrote:
Cridone wrote:The ideas for 173 are pretty good. I can make it so when you press a certain button that you walk backwards. Also, here's the buttons for anyone wondering.
Yes, walking backwards would make dealing with 173 easier and better than the short movement idea.

Also, one question, I'm guessing the game is exploration based, will there be any type of puzzles, or just trying to escape SCP:CB style?
I'm thinking of how to add puzzles, give me ideas.

Like IDK, 079 is ingame, a puzzle with him would be good.

D-9999 wrote:If you want help, I can do some sounds, sprites, and more.
Yes yes yes maria, I would love for you to make sounds. (allot of the sounds are from CB)
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time

Cridone wrote: I'm thinking of how to add puzzles, give me ideas.

Like IDK, 079 is ingame, a puzzle with him would be good.
Hmmm, you could have the common hacking puzzle for doors or computers. Something like the Fallout 3 hacking minigame could work.

Or maybe you can find ripped pieces of paper, and when you collect them all you can arrange them to see the entire document. Might be useful to finds things like door codes or instructions. It will also encourage the player to explore the area.

I'm thinking that the puzzles should make sense. I mean that having a room that is just a big puzzle would be kinda stupid. It should be little things like hacking, or lockpicking, or stuff like that.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

YAY 10 MINUTES UNTIL THE DEMO RELEASE!!!!! YiPPPEEEE IM JUMPIN 4 JOY!!!!! TROLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOL :laugh: :laugh: :D :D 8) 8) :173: :106: :096: But I CANNOT wait for NMM! is it uploaded yet?can I download it?
can I?
Last edited by ColePatrolGaming on Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
My YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/colepatrolgaming and a weird yet addicting Russian game I found: http://www.ebog.com/racing-games/12366/ ... ooter.html