Doom SCP

This has been a project of mine for a few months now. I wanted to see a multiplayer version of SCP:CB, but as i read way back when, the current engine doesn't support multiplayer, and the developer has verbally stated it's not going to happen. So I decided to make my own, and Doom happened to be a game I've been familiar with since I've been a child, and knowing it's supported multiplayer since it's initial release.

First thing I made was an "actor" for 173. ("actors" are Doom's version of entity since everything is coded and defined the same way).
http://kevansevans.deviantart.com/art/S ... -411185150

I then ran a quick test before I adjusted the sprites to test the speed and behavior on other actors. I've tweaked it a few times since this video, but over all I've made 173 incredibly aggressive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eixu7qIslQI

Once that got done, I went ahead and worked on the level. But there was a bit of a problem. Doom can't support a randomly generated level like the current game does, so as a solution to this, I'm making an incredibly vague and featureless level. This is to replicate that lost feeling of not knowing where to go. In a nutshell, crap tons of copy and paste. Here's a screen shot of the current level progress.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ydj6ozsl8pvb5 ... .37.13.png

As i progressed, this slowly started to become my own mod, in a sense. I would take some SCP's from SCP:CB or add my own (My own as in one i made myself, and not ripped/copied from SCP:CB). SCP-789-j was an SCP i threw in without knowing it was already done.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgjnN5lnw8U

Yes, that was Nicholas Cage. and he eats your butt if you hit him.

Anyways, I came here to show off the progress behind this and, to be honest, bring some attention to myself, but there's no shame in that! If you want to play this mod yourself, you'll need two things. The newest version of the Zdoom engine:
http://zdoom.org/Download, and a purchased IWAD of Doom 2 (IWADS are the level packages that contain the non-engine coding and level sets), which is only $5 on steam, $2.49 thanks to the holiday sale

and here's the current demo file you'll need to play: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k9jngcba6rna6 ... mo%204.pk3

AS I later made progress with this, the multiplayer engine for doom (Zandronum) doesn't support some of the scripts used in my mod, so it'll be a matter of time until it catches up. But it still has multiplayer spawns points for when that comes.

As a heads up, there is a NSFW image in there, but it's pretty well hidden. If you do find it, please refer to it as "tiffany", so no one else has the surprise spoiled ;)

Feel free to throw in your own suggestions for SCP's, or level tweaks and such. If you are adequate with how the Doom/ZDoom engine works, you can also submit your own SCP or sprite sheet, and I'll be more than happy to see if I can implement it.

Other screen shots:
Spoiler
Instructions on how to run this mod, or how to run it if you've never played Doom before:
Spoiler
Whence you have everything downloaded (Latest zdoom engine [2.7.1 or above], the .pk3 file I provided, and have a purchased copy of Doom 2, follow these instructions:

1) Extract the zdoom.zip folder onto the desktop.
2) Copy and pastes your Doom 2 IWAD into the ZDoom folder.
-The file you are looking for will be doom2.wad located wherever you have it installed, for steam users, right click on Doom 2 in your library, properties, local files, browse local files.
3) Optional, but recommended. Open Zdoom.exe and play around with the options menu. Vanilla Doom controls are not like a modern first person shooter. Press ESC/Escape, got to options, then customize controls. Tweak to your liking. Exit.
4) Move the .pk3 file into the Zdoom folder. Click and drag the .pk3 onto Zdoom.exe, or double click the file and associate it with zdoom.exe.
5) enjoy!
Last edited by kevansevans on Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dr.Bright's Office||SCP-432||SCP-789-j

Re: Doom SCP

Wow,may I say,stunning work my good fellow! I like your optimism! Altough i never played Doom,i'll give this a try.
Can I ask you what SCPS you have planned for this?
As for tiffany,i already noticed it :106:
SAY HELLO TO MAH LITTLE FRIEND!!!
RATATATATATATATATATA....

kingjulien22 wrote:Wow,may I say,stunning work my good fellow! I like your optimism! Altough i never played Doom,i'll give this a try.
Can I ask you what SCPS you have planned for this?
As for tiffany,i already noticed it :106:

I highly recommend playing doom/doom 2 with the Zdoom engine. Best FPS of all time, hands down, don't let anyone tell you otherwise, they are simply ignorant.... /herecomesCoDfanboys

As for planned SCP's, I really don't have any. I mostly just keep clicking Random SCP at the site and see what I get. I really want to start implementing some SCP's that won't cause harm to the player, because as of now the ones that don't hurt you are Joke SCP's. As for more deadly SCP's, I could use a few more. there are some spots in my map that I am very unhappy with being "scp-less".

Well,as for SCP's i want to give some suggestions:
Some non-harmful SCP's:
I think scp 131,the eye pods could be there,just for viewing,or to help you keep 173 at bay.
SCP 202:The Rewind Man,could be interesting to watch him in his cell,doing his things while in rewind mode.
SCP 005? Could be interesting to find.
SCP 007,also an interesting SCP to watch.
And any other artifact safe beings you could find on the SCP Foundation site.

Now,for harmful:
SCP 106: I think it would be particulary creepy to find this one lurking around the corridors of Doom.
SCP 457:I dont know if flames can be brought in Doom engine,but this one could be a very interesting fella' to chase you.
SCP 352:Keter,sentient and violent,what more could you want?
As for the joke SCPs:surprise us! I almost died of laughter when i saw HIM coming up the toilet!
Good luck,cheers,and keep tiffany there! :106:
SAY HELLO TO MAH LITTLE FRIEND!!!
RATATATATATATATATATA....

That Same Anon wrote:Could you PM me the location of tiffany(So I can AVOID it)? thanks, not in the mood for NSFW. :laugh:
Unless you open up the PK3 itself, and assuming you don't use noclip, you're not going to run into tiffany. I don't want to reveal where tiffany is, becuase well that ruins the fun, even via PM. But trust me, under normal circumstances, you'll never see it. Though if you're not convinced, I can send you one without tiffany in it, completely removed, if you want.

kevansevans wrote:Though if you're not convinced, I can send you one without tiffany in it, completely removed, if you want.
I'd like that, please. Maybe replace it with some random funny image instead of completely removing it? Then I can still have the thrill of searching for it :D'

EDIT2: holy fuck tiffany is horrible

why

i lookd at the files and.

:106:

FOR THOSE WHO DON'T WANT TO HAVE TIFFANY IN THEIR GAME OR SCARRED BY IT:

Open the .pk3 in 7-Zip.
Delete this file(Spoiler'd because people will look at it otherwise.) DO NOT OPEN IT OR VIEW IT IN WINDOWS EXPLORER.
Spoiler
682JA0 (IT'S IN THE SPRITES FOLDER)
and for the love of god, if you're not over 17, don't even cheat in this map before deleting this file. I haven't tried it myself, so really this guide is worthless because there's a censored version now, and it might crash because of missing files.
Last edited by That Same Anon on Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I Survived SCP-106's Pocket Dimension And All I Got Was This Stupid ID Card