Re: SCP- Mobile Task Force

Really impressive work! I was originally using UDK for a project as well, but I recently switched over to Unreal 4.

It's only $19 right now, ya know! The new visual scripting is amazing, and I bet you could really use it to its full potential! :wink:

Unreal script is completely gone and replaced with something similar to Kismet called Blueprint, but unlike Kismet it has access to all of the important root concepts such as character model, speed, key presses, and everything! It's pretty much made for artists. You'd make progress on your game in no-time! :)
Hey, if you've got a minute why not check out my modeling portfolio here!
Also be sure to check out my current project Equestrian Terrors!

I salute you to this game, To me it's an extremely awesome idea. Gives people more of an idea of how the MTF work and how their squads are organized and play out (even though I bet theres places on the wiki to read about them.) Either way I definitely do hope this project will not die because it's simply to awesome of an idea too. But heres my suggestion, I think that during the story please make other friendly squadmates/guards or other MTF units that help you out various parts in the facility. If this is chosen to be done make when the players allies die in battle it would be very gruesome so that it really puts a toll on the player and on their emotions throughout the game. Theres a lot of games out there like FPS style horror but it's usually just one single human that takes on w/e huge number of sci-fi creatures and usually that gets quite redundant. Having allies in there that when die, die excruciating deaths by the enemy with agonizing screams. Think about it your on a comm channel about to link up with an MTF squad and when you get to their position they are either fighting an entity or waiting on the player depending how the story goes. Now to connect the players with the Allied MTF units they follow the player throughout their endeavors and help the player with battles and if so when they die really puts a toll on the player decreasing the morale of a player and their combat effectiveness. To me an MTF unit such as a player shouldn't have to fight alone throughout every second of the story. Theres still a way to add allies and be able to keep it scary! If you need help sprouting any ideas i'll pitch in to help. If I had a faster comp with a ton more memory i'd definitely try and help with this project it has very great potential and personally an SPC game ive been waiting for much like Six Eight Two. Good Luck!
"To each of us falls a task. And all the Emperor requires of us Guardsmen is that we stand in line, and we die fighting. It is what we do best: we die standing." -General Sturnn,Cadian 412th

Now THIS is another awesome idea! I just hate it that I can't contribute anything for this project either - at best, I could make random sounds but that it's it, because I'm only on 2nd year IT and we're not doing much yet, we're back to basics so far in C#. Good luck at this too! Looking forward to seeing something great soon!
SCP: Eric Breach nanomod maker (if anyone wants to revamp it be my guest, as it is now defunct)
Fan of Doctor Who, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Sleepy Hollow, Person of Interest, Happy (2017) and Silicon Valley. And also MCU films.