Re: SCP: Containment Breach MTF Edition

Mirocaine wrote:-snip-
Dude, best post I saw so far in this thread. Sad thing, the situation here is exactly what you said.

I'd really be interested in contributing to this project, since I use Unity3D (free version) and can program with JavaScript a bit or I could make some simple textures, models or sound effects, but unfortunately there's a big lack of seriousness in this whole thing as it seems to me.

For now I'll wait how this project develops in the next days and then I decide what would be best for me to do.
Do you think NASA invented thunderstorms to cover up the sound of space battles?

Akatos wrote: I'd really be interested in contributing to this project, since I use Unity3D (free version) and can program with JavaScript a bit or I could make some simple textures, models or sound effects, but unfortunately there's a big lack of seriousness in this whole thing as it seems to me.
Well go ahead, if you are good at animating in unity, i would like some mtf suicide animations, since i am going for that right now.

Also Mirocaine, this game takes PLACE during the Containment Breach, but you don't play as D-9341, you play as Sanders, an MTF.
This profile's been around for nearly eight years

RIP

(last edited 10/09/2020)

hug0905 wrote:Well go ahead, if you are good at animating in unity, i would like some mtf suicide animations, since i am going for that right now.
Wait, you want to start your game development process with MTF suicide animations?
Maybe I understand this wrong, but first you/we need a halfway finished concept of the game, unless you want to end up in a mess.
Also, are you planning to use assets from SCP CB like room meshes and some sound effects? Or do you want to start from scratch on that point?
Do you think NASA invented thunderstorms to cover up the sound of space battles?

Akatos wrote: Also, are you planning to use assets from SCP CB like room meshes and some sound effects?
Yes, but with the addition of death sounds from the MTFs (if possible).

RIP

(last edited 10/09/2020)

If anything you should focus in the core mechanics of this remake you're 'doing' instead of worrying about sounds and animations that could literally be implemented quickly in SCP:CB as a quick mod.
sup

roger copy bravo tango mango

Irontaco wrote:If anything you should focuwe cans in the core mechanics of this remake you're 'doing' instead of worrying about sounds and animations that could literally be implemented quickly in SCP:CB as a quick mod.
Frick, i make things sound like what they aren't, your basically a nine-tailed fox MTF, along with other MTF members, the game starts in a MTF dining room (or wherever the MTFs live at the foundation), and you recieve a letter from Security Chief Franklin tell you about the Breach, and you alert the other MTF members, so you are basically the lead of Nine Tailed Fox, then you enter the foundation to do certain tasks.

However, it could be interesting to make this story into a total-conversion mod instead of making it entirely in Unity, assuming that Blitz3D can allow guns in it's engine, for now, i'll use Unity though.

(Sorry for quoteing errors, my computer's keyboard sucks)

RIP

(last edited 10/09/2020)

Hug, what did you plan regarding the gameplay, should the game be rather slow and tactical or rather fast and full of action?
And horror elements?
First person or third person?
Singleplayer or Multiplayer?

Those are questions that are part of the concept, they should be answered before you start working on the game itself.
By the way, what have you done for this game yet, unless the letters and a halway finished concept?

Also, I'm not even sure if releasing a game which was made using pirated software is legal, even if it's free.

Akatos wrote:Hug, what did you plan regarding the gameplay, should the game be rather slow and tactical or rather fast and full of action?
And horror elements?
First person or third person?
Singleplayer or Multiplayer?

Those are questions that are part of the concept, they should be answered before you start working on the game itself.
By the way, what have you done for this game yet, unless the letters and a halway finished concept?
Ah, i see:
1. First Person (Shooter since there will be guns in it)
2. Singleplayer

I already finished the letter, no futher documents or letters will be present though, i will create the outdoors of the foundation and (maybe) copy some stuff from the Original Game.

RIP

(last edited 10/09/2020)

juanjpro wrote:Do you know which tools you'll be using to implement everything you need for the game, and how you're supposed to use them?
Oh crap, um, well this is gonna be painful to port stuff over from the Original game to this game as this game and the original game uses two different engines.... i think i would better off create a total-conversion mod for this than to create a new engine-version of it.

Yes please lock, i am gonna create a mod of this instead of creating a new game for it

RIP

(last edited 10/09/2020)