Unreal 4: The Flesh that Hates UPDATE: Infected Screenshots!

Trapped alone in a literal Hell. With little to no chance of survival...you are a member of the containment team know as Mobile Task Force Beta-7 (aka " The Maz Hatters") Agent B-77, . After an outbreak of SCP-610, a monstrous infection that turns anything it touches into unholy twisted abomination.... you are trapped alone with most if not all of your team wiped out. With all life lines severed, with hundreds if not thousands of infected doing everything in their power to kill you or make you one of them, with only three bullets left in your handgun. Will you be lucky enough to die?...or will you suffer a fate worst than the cold arms of death...?
Agent MTF Beta-7-7.

Your orders are as follows:
1) Activate the on-site Warheads

2) Kill any and all possibly infected survivors

3) Evac if possible.

Agent, you are to avoid contact with infected as much as possible. While you have more combat ability than any average person you can still easily die or became infected. Infected are semi-immune to most forms of damage, you are not. Your only hope of surviving is avoiding contact with the infected as much as possible. Fighting is Always your very last resort. Your Gasmask is key to your survival. Keep it in good shape or find another. without it infection is almost certain. Your mission is your primary concern; above all else activate the Warheads.

Do not disappoint us, B-77.
Secure. Contain. Protect.

Hello everyone, I'm sure you've seen my around here with this game before. Well I'm back and with so much more content. For those of you who don't know, this game is a stealth survival horror where avoiding infected is key to your survival.
You are no superman, no action hero, your best bet is to run and hide. Infection lurks around every corner, and if it comes to it..killing yourself is always an option. You play as Agent B-7-7 or B-77. A MTF Agent belonging to the MTF Beta-7 AKA "Tha Maz Hatters". After a massive outbreak of SCP-610 you're sent to activate the underground warheads in a nearby Foundation base. Things do not go as planned. Trapped with your team nearly wiped out, only a handgun, a flashlight, and your wits you must attempt to complete your mission no matter the cost. Or, perhaps he care more about yourself. It's all up to you. Just remember, every choice has consequences both good and bad. There is no happy endings. The best you can hope for is to get out alive, good luck.

Concepts

Infected

Soon-to be Stage One Infected:
Spoiler

Stage Two Infected:
Spoiler

Stage Three Infected:
Spoiler

SCP-610 Pylons:
Spoiler

SCP-610 "Flowerchild":
Spoiler

Stage Two Sub-type:
Spoiler

Stage Two Sub-type B:
Spoiler

Wall Flesh:
Spoiler

Stage Four Infected:
Spoiler

MTF

Mark II B.R.E.A.C.H Suit:
Spoiler

MTF AT Combat Armor:
Spoiler

MTF Light Hazard armor:
Spoiler
Screenshots

INFECTED ADDED:

Check out the official development blog!

http://thefleshthathatesgame.blogspot.com/

Gameplay
Coming soon...

Current developers
MonocloBios (coding)
Lotims (Head Developer Level Design, level construction, and voice acting)
BJFowler (Head Developer Level Design, concept art, modeling, Level construction and writing)
Krydar(Q.A testing)
Moonsaber (concept art)
Night( concept art)
I will be updating this with more content soon guys! Help me out by reporting any broken links. Thanks!
Last edited by BJFowLer on Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:12 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Re: 610-Flesh that Hates

This looks absolutely amazing. I loved this skip when I read it on the site, and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE that you are making a game out of it now.

When I initially read it, I thought it was a direct copy of the concept of "The Thing", and for you kids who don't know it, it was a great horror movie made in the 80's by John Carpenter where the main baddie was an alien bacteria in Antarctica that infected people and made them look just like this. There was also a semi-shitty game made of it in 2004 (I think) on PS2, Xbox and PC that I absolutely adored when I was kid. I gave me nightmares almost nightly, but that creep feel was excellent. There was also a prequel to the John Carpenter movie made a couple years ago, but didn't do that well in the box office.

So already having played a game similar to this, I already have some idea of what this might be like, and I hope you guys do just as good if not better on this game than the guys who were paid to do it. And by looking at these screenshots, it's already better than the 2004 game. :) I wish good luck to the entire team, I'll be first in line to play this when it's done.

P.S.: If you wanna see what the 2004 game was like, look up the review by Spoony Experiment if it's still up on Youtube. It's absolutely hilarious.

Akatos, that's extremely cool of you man. And thanks for the support!

Optimal, I am well aware of "The Thing". Simply brilliant movie; the game was interesting in its on regard as well. There are a few similar game play ideas as I'm sure you picked up on, infection being the primary one. Besides that this is much more stealth focused than The Thing. You can try to fight but there's always that nasty chance of infection and extremely limited ammo but you're free to try. Thanks for the support dude!

BJFowLer wrote:Optimal, I am well aware of "The Thing". Simply brilliant movie; the game was interesting in its on regard as well. There are a few similar game play ideas as I'm sure you picked up on, infection being the primary one. Besides that this is much more stealth focused than The Thing. You can try to fight but there's always that nasty chance of infection and extremely limited ammo but you're free to try. Thanks for the support dude!
Right. Just so I'm clear, I wasn't saying that YOU were copying the idea, I was saying the original document might have taken a few ideas from that movie. But it's still a really freaky idea, so I don't care either way.

The fact that this is going to be a stealth-based game is great! I love stealth-based games, and this type of game can be mixed very well with the horror genre if done right. Stealth-based horror games are a great relief from petty jumpscare games in that the horror from stealth-based games comes completely from your own imagination. For example...

"Oh god, there they are. Okay, okay... I'll be fine if I stick to the shadows... and sloooowly move to the loooOOOOOO SHIT! IS IT COMING MY WAY? Please! PLEASE STOP!!! Oh... oh thank god it's walking the other way... fuck this game..."

The 2004 game sort of played off of this idea, but it was more about the sounds of garbled growling and "Oh-lord-what's-behind-that-corner" type horror. I can't wait for this release, I'll be following it closely!