Pokemon: Foundation (Development Reddit Inside!)

You are trudging through the dark caves of somewhere far away home. The weak flashlight you have can only light the path a measly few feet in front of you. You can hear creatures growling at no definable point, but you assume that point is you. You are lost, and your map isn't worth dick. Then your flashlight finds something other than darkness to focus on. It's SCP-173! Quick! What do you do?!?

If your answer was throw a pokeball at it, then not only are you an idiot, but you might also take interest in this project! "Pokemon: Foundation" is a Pokemon FireRed hack that ditches those cute little monsters and swaps them out for the horrid monstrosities of the SCP Foundation (of course, not everything here is a horrid monstrosity, but you get the idea). The game is currently being programmed and mapped by yours truly, and much of the spriting is being done by various members of the community.

To be honest, I really don't have much to show for the game as of yet, except for some SCP sprites (which can be found here: http://i.imgur.com/GmmiFse.png) and some screenshots (which are here:http://scpsandbox2.wdfiles.com/local--f ... 20info.PNG ). Most of what is going on currently is planning out how this game is going to made, and also the replacing of all of the pokemon in the game with the creatures you all know and love. I would like to make this game to be as user-inclusive as possible by gathering all sorts of ideas about many different aspects of the game, such as major things like the plot and minor details like an SCP's different moves.

So instead of clogging up this site with tons of threads asking different questions, I've made a subreddit that you can conveniently visit and discuss all of your great ideas! Right now, many questions that I'll have for you guys can be found and answered here. You're also free to make as many threads as you like; share all of the great ideas that come to mind. As I've said before, this game is very early in it's development, so all ideas and suggestions are welcome!

But just as the game is currently under development, so is the subreddit. I promise, it'll look much prettier with a better banner and some super fancy CSS stylesheet editing soon :). I look forward to all of your input soon!

HERE'S THE SUBREDDIT!!! GO GO GO!!!: http://www.reddit.com/r/SCPokemon/

Re: Pokemon: Foundation (Development Reddit Inside!)

My god, after reading this in the subreddit I'm impressed with the state of Pokemon ROM hacks, especially on an old game like Red. Honestly my favorite is either Sapphire or Silver, but still it's good to go back to the original pokemon roots, although now that I think about it 99% of all the attacks and pokemon are exactly the same, the only difference is the elemental system. How are you going to incorporate it into the game, especially if you can add as many 'SCPokemon' as you want?

Re: Pokemon: Foundation (Development Reddit Inside!)

I facepalmed when I saw this. I, honestly, am a big fan of Pokémon. Same with SCP games and stuff.
This I bet will be an awesome game. Here is my list of SCPS I expect in the game. (not saying you have to.):
Spoiler
Already In: 096, 173, 682.
Spoiler
Haha. Probaly didnt expect this. SCP-650.
Spoiler
:035:
Spoiler
:513: (full heal for 513-1. :wink:
Spoiler
SCP-1632. lol.

Thats all.
(You can also create moves by just editing the code. Maybe a move... "Startle"? "Neck Break"?
ALL MUST JUST DIE...
ALL MUST TESTIFY!
(ALL MUST DIE!)

Eeeeee-bola! GOTTA CATCH EM' ALL! POKÉMON!