Re: SCP - Doom Experiment v0.6-pre1

Sorry for the lack of activity, but I got busy with real-life stuff (my holidays are finished!) so there are some times where I won't be very active on the forums.

The mod is still in devlelopment, and the fully-released v0.6 will have most of the rooms redesigned from scratch, so there won't be any changes to the current example map until the final v0.6.

However there may be some minor updates that will be released in the meantime. Diodissime (a friend and fellow Let's Player) is currently helping me to get various ideas for cutscenes, rooms, events and more. He may also help with some textures. We would like to know if someone else would be interested in helping us. We are mostly interested in textures, and coding for a random map generator. But you can also help by other means: suggestions, sounds, music and models in either MD2 or MD3 format which could be very interesting to contribute to the atmosphere of the mod.
We also still don't know whenever we are authorized or not to use some of CB's assets. If not, let us know and we will remove them.

Thanks to everyone interested in this project. :)
Member of the FunnyLetsPlayTeam (french Let's Plays channel) | Creator of SCP - Doom Experiment

Re: SCP - Doom Experiment v0.6-pre2

Minor update released.
Changes:

Code: Select all

- disabled running
- SCP-096 now won't wander around before running to the player anymore
- new sprite for SCP-500
- new sprite for SCP-714
- fixad a bug that caused SCP-173 to freeze in front of corpses of its victims
Just to avoid confusion, the SCP-096 bugfix prevents it from wandering around after being enraged, it will now properly run to the player after they view its face.
The updated download link is in the OP.
Member of the FunnyLetsPlayTeam (french Let's Plays channel) | Creator of SCP - Doom Experiment

Re: SCP - Doom Experiment v0.6-pre2

Here are some news on the project.
kevansevans, the author whom wad inspired the mod, have officialy joined the project, so all of the SCPs from his original pk3 are getting implemented into Doom Experiment.
There are other SCPs that I found and they will be put in at least v0.7 instead to avoid putting too much new features in one version.

I'm going to start making new rooms including containment chambers. We also need new sprites, so let us know if you want to help with these.
Needed sprites include new ones SCP-019-2 instances, SCP-096 and the MTFs (maybe also SCP-372). There are also a bit more sprites needed, but let me know and I will send you a PM to avoid spoiling as they are related to the upcoming SCPs.

There won't be any prereleases anymore, so please be patient for v0.6 :P (also some of the already implemented SCPs, including 217, 372, and 500 are being tweaked).