Re: Official - SCP Containment Breach 2's Trailer

Hebbocake wrote:In my opinion, i hate this idea.
Not really sure why.
I can understand why.
I don't hate the idea of them making a spinoff/fan game game but calling it a sequel to the original isn't right. I actually saw their website awhile back that it was literally just a duplicate of the actual website just in another language. I thought it was just some wired foreign scammer/virus deal but now they have a trailer and I realize it's "legit". It's messed up they could have just started the mod with some other name and it really wouldn't be an issue. It would be like if I made a fan made game and called it "Tetris: 2". Now because of the nature of Tetris people will understand it wouldn't ever get sequel and that my "Tetris 2" is just a fake fan game. Unlike Tetris if people see "SCP: Containment Breach 2" a lot will believe it's truly is a sequel and continuation of the game.
It's in a way mis-advertising
Even with all this said I am excited to what will come of this project.

They might add some good shit, but I don't think it's worth a big 2 at the end.
𝙱𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚣𝟹𝙳 𝙴𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚛(!): 𝙿𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚞𝚝𝚝𝚘𝚗 𝚛𝚊𝚙𝚒𝚍𝚕𝚢 𝚒𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚊𝚝𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛.

Yuk yuk yuk yuk yuk,
Just looked at the website, It even has the original game cited in the downloads.
I think some of the ripped code/design should be removed.
𝙱𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚣𝟹𝙳 𝙴𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚛(!): 𝙿𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚞𝚝𝚝𝚘𝚗 𝚛𝚊𝚙𝚒𝚍𝚕𝚢 𝚒𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚊𝚝𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛.

Hubbawubba64 wrote:Yuk yuk yuk yuk yuk,
Just looked at the website, It even has the original game cited in the downloads.
I think some of the ripped code/design should be removed.
Yeah, i also don't get why half of it is in French even though almost the whole community here is English.
(And yes i know the creators are French which isn't logical either.)

The trailer seems really weird too.
Meh, i want to know where this is going but a.t.m i'm not supporting it.
SCP Mobile Task Force Mod
ModDB: http://www.moddb.com/mods/scpmtf

Overall the whole execution of this game as far as we know is ridiculous. It seems to me and others that you're pushing your game to be seen as being created by Regalis. Examples of this being the website and the identical name, besides the '2'.

If anything, change the name and the website, entirely. It's a bad taboo to copy other peoples names/ideas/websites etc, so it would be great if you pushed your game away from SCP:CB... Since it's not doing you any good with getting good publicity.