Re: SCP-432

Yes, a raycast can tell you the first object that it hit between two points.

So if you do a raycast between you and the monster and a object is hit, you can make it so it does not play the scary sound.

I have to look up the raycast example in the unity reference guide so I can give you an example, but that is the basics of what raycast does.

Re: SCP-432

Heya, tried the game, and it's really nice to start with. I like the eyes especially. ^^

Anyway, there are still a few remarks I made:
- You should change the box into something alike that belonged to a former expedition, something like a black box which could've recorded everything. It'd make more sense then to have to look for it.
- The death animation needs more sound too imo (not necessarily from the monster). I was first thinking along the lines of a body getting crushed, but that might be too gory. Well, some noise that doesn't really suit it or that we can't connect to something might be mysterious and thus freaky on its own too. For example, in MarkiplierGame's playthrough (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRHcthxDCfA), 4:43 seemed to suddenly get some noise together with the light breaking, which actually sounded great to me ... Much more of a jump scare than only the light dying. (by the way, the breaking of the light isn't really scary because it's a sound of high frequency. You need low sounds to create fear.)
- The sudden appearance of the monster was nice too, it's only too bad you can already see too much of it. Giving a shape to an unknown hostile = not very scary/freaky anymore. It shouldn't be so visible. And it might be more interesting to have the light fade more and more as the monster comes closer ... Adds the atmosphere of approaching danger.
- Also, the screen showing snow when the monster gets you might've worked for Slender since you actually looked through a camera there, but it'll get tedious to people if other game makers start to use the same technique. Try something else. Like a red fading screen with a fast moving blurred image of the eyes and predator teeth or something. But remember, when involving the monster, nothing too visible. It would be better if players only noticed after a few deaths that they can actually see a bit of the monster. Adds to the fear factor.

I hope this helps a bit.
http://www.scp-wiki.net/the-things-dr-b ... foundation -> Dr. Bright for president! \o/