Re: [0.6.6] SCP-008 Infection mod

InnocentSam wrote:For reference, the source code in the updated RAR download isn't up-to-date. So there'll still be "if hell".
Mmm... Want to see the new source code with "else hell". :P

Someone bear with this stupid individual and tell him the point of SCP-005 in the game. Is it just there for the eventual adding of SCP-860? I haven't found anything that warrant's its use yet. Also, ain't its current chamber too big for it? SCP-714 and SCP-1025 have tiny little rooms, but SCP-005 has a huge chamber.

Nevermind... 5 minutes after I ask, I tried it out everywhere I could and got it.
For those who are as stupid as me:
Spoiler
It act's like an Key-card Omni.
Last edited by Virtus Tenebrae on Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lol, idiot detected: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =131669598

Virtus Tenebrae wrote:Someone bear with this stupid individual and tell him the point of SCP-005 in the game. Is it just there for the eventual adding of SCP-860? I haven't found anything that warrant's its use yet. Also, ain't its current chamber too big for it? SCP-714 and SCP-1025 have tiny little rooms, but SCP-005 has a huge chamber.
I've never seen 714 or 1025's rooms :laugh:

SCP-005 is a replacement for the omni-keycard. If you haven't found a keycard before finding 005, it's very helpful.
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile

Juicy wrote:
InnocentSam wrote:
Virtus Tenebrae wrote:Someone bear with this stupid individual and tell him the point of SCP-005 in the game. Is it just there for the eventual adding of SCP-860? I haven't found anything that warrant's its use yet. Also, ain't its current chamber too big for it? SCP-714 and SCP-1025 have tiny little rooms, but SCP-005 has a huge chamber.
I've never seen 714 or 1025's rooms :laugh:

SCP-005 is a replacement for the omni-keycard. If you haven't found a keycard before finding 005, it's very helpful.
... That's it?! That is pretty underwhelming. I might downsize the room, but I'm not making it that small.
Twitter
Github Profile

I just thought of 2 killer ideas. SCPs -714, -1025, and -012 are all on safes, right? Maybe SCP-005's chamber spawns relatively early, similar to SCP-914's chamber. And the only way to obtain SCPs -714, -1052, and -012 are to have found SCP-005 and use it on the safes. It makes more sense than dangerous SCPs to be just sitting on a pedestal.

The second idea is that since SCP-173 was in SCP-008's inner chamber, that SCP-173 can become a carrier of SCP-008. Whenever you're nearby SCP-173, you can catch SCP-008 because it's on SCP-173's body. This would also give a reason to actively put on/take off the HazMat suit throughout the entire facility. I'm in the habit of always putting on the Gas Mask in preparation to traversing gaseous areas. Now imagine people doing the same with the HazMat suit when entering common SCP-173 spawn areas.

Btw, thanks for trying to help Sam, I think we were typing/editing at the same time. This mod is brilliant.
Lol, idiot detected: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =131669598

Virtus Tenebrae wrote:The second idea is that since SCP-173 was in SCP-008's inner chamber, that SCP-173 can become a carrier of SCP-008. Whenever you're nearby SCP-173, you can catch SCP-008 because it's on SCP-173's body. This would also give a reason to actively put on/take off the HazMat suit throughout the entire facility. I'm in the habit of always putting on the Gas Mask in preparation to traversing gaseous areas. Now imagine people doing the same with the HazMat suit when entering common SCP-173 spawn areas.
You know, that is a pretty damn good idea...
Twitter
Github Profile