Re: FAQ, a list of frequently asked questions

Vulpest wrote:
clawedpurse wrote:First post
Congratulations. Please don't ever waste a post like that, and PLEASE read all of the forum rules.

Also, no off-topic discussion, especially your post.
11. Do not backseat moderate, this includes pointing out to an user he double posted or necroposted, this only breaks the topic flow. If you notice somebody has done something wrong, report the topic under the adequate category and move on, but if the user is new, try linking him to the rules and move on.
Additionally some people need to make useless posts like this, on threads like this, so that they can get the 3 posts required to make a thread.

So in other words, shut up and carry on.

Vulpest wrote:If you haven't noticed, the moderators are absent a lot. They can't take care of problems like these because they rarely are here.
In case you haven't noticed, you're not a moderator, and acting like one only makes you look like a dick.

Of course the moderators don't come often, I imagine it would be hard to keep interest in moderating a forum without it having much of a reason to exist right now.

The point is, there wasn't much of a problem to begin with, and there's not much you could do about it anyways.

Wow, relax, bro. I'm saying that the moderators are absent so we don't have so many problems for them to deal with when they comeback. Directing people does help, It's ike I'm just going to leave them wondering what to do (because most of the time new users are lost) and especially because the moderators don't have time for that.

Ok yeah, It's backseat moderation, but some rules are meant to be broken. At the least, I can help this Amanda person. But as you can see, I can't deal with Jorge. It's kind of annoying that he wasn't banned... That or I can't tell.

yonzo_rikuo wrote:so i have been absent for too long until i didn't recognize these new guys like jorge and amanda
Amanda is Clawedpurse (I think, so), a new user.

Jorge is also Stelpiont and that other prodigous idiot who has been spamming the forums with these wierd threads and private messaging everyone mysterious codes that have no meaning.