Desdemona [ALPHA] [InDEV]

___________________________________DESDEMONA_________________________
A new fully custom mod for SCP:CB

What is Project Desdemona?:
Developer Mirocaine released his hit mod Mirodux in late fall 2012, although discompatible now with SCP:CB's latest updates, the developer has sought a new plan to revive the mod with a much more horrifying improvement and experience. Project Desdemona is a partial conversion mod for SCP:CB; centering to add many new obstacles to SCP:CB, these entities in question will not be part of the SCP-Foundation universe, they are in part of many [REDACTED] tale universes. The entire facility has not focused only on containment of SCP's but as well [DATA EXPUNGED].

(working)STORY:
Awake as SCP Junior Assistant Phil Kernell, to a sound signaling the descent of hell unto the mortal plane. Trapped kilometer's underground in Site-[REDACTED], you are caught in the frayed collision of entities bigger than you can comprehend. Now thrown into an absolute war-zone, you must find a way to escape alive before time runs out, or simply die trying.

WHAT TO EXPECT:
Spoiler
-New storyline
-Several new mobs & changes to current ones
-A longer and much more difficult game experience
-New containment chambers + rooms
-New items
-New events

And more in future patches..
SCREENSHOTS:
Spoiler
DOWNLOAD MIRODUX (old mod):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/qm2su ... _0.5.6.zip

However the developer has recently moved over to a Mac OS, making it not possible for him to program and test the mod alone. However he is capable of doing Hard surface + organics modeling/animation needed himself. Yet he is seeking those to fill needed positions in the near future for further development:

POSITIONS:
-Blitz3d compatible programmer for AI, events, map generation & item scripting. (By 'Compatible' meaning that one can at a basic level work with Blitz3d even if it isn't they're more familiar programming language, most of the ground work is already laid down by Regalis, it just needs some tweaking).
-InnocentSam

-Sound Artists // Voice actors for creating suitable good-quality audio effects for various Characters, Ambience & sound effects of all various types.
-Omniary

-Texture Artists // Photoshop artists for forum thread banner, various image works in-game, decals + effects.

-Mod Testers [FULL]
-Steelpoint
-SCP 513
-Ltn Vasquez
-maxdb32

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All those who apply will be subject to a brief interview-
Those who wish to apply should PM my account ("Mirocaine") on the forums.

-DON'T LOOK BACK! -Project Desdemona
Last edited by Mirocaine on Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:39 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Re: [ALPHA] Project Creepsmod

Mirocaine wrote:While still a working title, Project Creepsmod centres to add many new obstacles to SCP:CB
Thank god, it's a very tacky name :laugh:

I don't mind helping with the programming; I'm not really doing anything moddy at the moment, but I am quite busy with other things over the next week, and the weeks after the next. And I'm sure a friend of mine who tests my mods wouldn't mind testing your mod.
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile

Mirocaine wrote:moved over to a Mac OS
That makes two of us.

On the topic of the mod, what kind of new entities can we expect to see? Are they going to be completly original creatures or things from creepypastas, myths, ect...?
Last edited by CommanderMark on Tue May 21, 2013 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Interesting project so far, I'm tempted to think that the new 'mobs' in the game are from various creepypastas. If so, I definitely would like to see some familiar (and unfamiliar) faces. Also, it would seem to make sense for the Foundation to contain most creepypastas, if they were within the same universe.
CommanderPro100 wrote:
Mirocaine wrote:moved over to a Mac OS
That makes two of us.
And that makes three.
Mirocaine wrote:-Sound Artists // Voice actors for creating suitable good-quality audio effects for various Characters, Ambience & sound effects of all various types.
Definitely wouldn't mind helping out with sound effects and stuff of that sort. But yeah, if there's anything I can help out with, just drop me a PM.
It slep time bunner.

I'm afraid I can't help create the mod (I hoped to do voice acting but my mics gone bung) but is it possible I can test this mod? As in search for bugs, glitches, etc before releasing it to the public?

2 new Mob models are already finished, I'm still working on plans + a new title for the mod. I think I might just remove or heavily edit the current in-game SCP's to accomodate for new changes in gameplay + process. Images will be posted soon. 8)
InnocentSam wrote:
Mirocaine wrote:While still a working title, Project Creepsmod centres to add many new obstacles to SCP:CB
Thank god, it's a very tacky name :laugh:

I don't mind helping with the programming; I'm not really doing anything moddy at the moment, but I am quite busy with other things over the next week, and the weeks after the next. And I'm sure a friend of mine who tests my mods wouldn't mind testing your mod.
Thanks Sam, I'll PM you further from here.
CommanderPro100 wrote:On the topic of the mod, what kind of new entities can we expect to see? Are they going to be completly original creatures or things from creepypastas, myths, ect...?
Some peoples worst nightmares.
Omniary wrote:Interesting project so far, I'm tempted to think that the new 'mobs' in the game are from various creepypastas. If so, I definitely would like to see some familiar (and unfamiliar) faces. Also, it would seem to make sense for the Foundation to contain most creepypastas, if they were within the same universe.

Definitely wouldn't mind helping out with sound effects and stuff of that sort. But yeah, if there's anything I can help out with, just drop me a PM.
They'll be some surprises :wink:
maxdb32 wrote:I'm afraid I can't help create the mod (I hoped to do voice acting but my mics gone bung) but is it possible I can test this mod? As in search for bugs, glitches, etc before releasing it to the public?
PM me.

PM me.
We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more to be able to use this feature.
never mind micro, I'll just sit over here and watch

maxdb32 wrote:
PM me.
We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more to be able to use this feature.
never mind micro, I'll just sit over here and watch
I believe you need to make a third post in order to use that function. Reply to my message, then PM Mirocaine. Perhaps that will help.

Re: Desdemona [ALPHA] [InDEV]

Sorry, double post. Do you guys use Ultimate Unwrap 3D for making the models? And if so, is there some sort of 'game engine' I need to make the models? I want to make an attempt at models, perhaps I can edit the Class D's on my own time.