How To Do The Mods

I really want to start getting into modding, and probably other people do as well. So, I made this topic so that others with modding experience can help out by posting such:
-Youtube links
-Guides (books)
-Tips
-Programs to use ( I heard Ultimate Unwrap 3D Pro was good, currently downloading)
Anything would be helpful. Thanks!

Re: How To Do The Mods

Ltn Vasquez wrote:Greatly appreciated. I'll get to work on this stuff. By the way, is there any sort of required math knowledge (I.E. Knowledge of Geometry and formulas on shapes, trigonometry, the works)?
Well, basic knowledge of co-ordinates is required but even if you're working with timers or visual effects, the worst maths I've seen is sin, cos and tan.

All those things is programming, whereas this is coding :)
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile

Ltn Vasquez wrote:Greatly appreciated. I'll get to work on this stuff. By the way, is there any sort of required math knowledge (I.E. Knowledge of Geometry and formulas on shapes, trigonometry, the works)?
For most programming you don't really need that much mathematical knowledge, contrary to popular belief.(It's nice to have however, given that programming is pretty much just glorified problem solving) Basic high school level trigonometry and overall understanding of geometry will satisfy almost any problem for graphics at a high level of abstraction. The only time you might need to know significant math concepts (In this case matrices from linear algebra are significant for drawing 3D shapes/perspectives) is when you need to write it at a much lower level, like writing a 3D engine/API (Or in B3D's case the language itself) in C.
M-x dingus-mode

Looks like you guys have to bombard your computers with all these programs. One to make the objects, one to convert, and whole bunch of others as well as a massive plethora of text on How To's and other stuff that I will definetely read and not leave for some other day.