Re: [0.7.3] Stendhal's Nightmare

Yeah, I still stick by my opinion: 008 is pointless and just something you do once and never do again in the game. Same goes with 012 and 895. "Diversity" is out of the question when, in reality, they adds nothing to the game.

The reason this mod works is because it's a mod, and not part of the actual game. Because if it was in the actual game, you'd visit it once then never come to see it again. It's an optional little add-on.

It's a good mod, and it shouldn't be part of the official game. Just because Sam's 008 mod got in the game doesn't every other quality mod should. Get over it.
Administrator at the Official SCP:CB Wiki

I don't want this discussion to continue on the thread. If this or anything else really deserves to be in the game, then Regalis will do something about it. But as Insanity's Bane said, 1074 is pointless. This mod was made for fun, with this I learn more about Blitz3D. I'm hoping I can make something better than simple mods.

Do you think this could be improved? Such as, changes to be closer to the article's description, or better art for the scripted sequence.

juanjpro wrote:I don't want this discussion to continue on the thread. If this or anything else really deserves to be in the game, then Regalis will do something about it. But as Insanity's Bane said, 1074 is pointless. This mod was made for fun, with this I learn more about Blitz3D. I'm hoping I can make something better than simple mods.
This ↑
juanjpro wrote:Do you think this could be improved? Such as, changes to be closer to the article's description, or better art for the scripted sequence.
When something comes to me in mind I will say you.

Some stuff to fix;

1. The outside of the cell needs one of those SCP Signs that tells you what it is and the threat level.

2. It's containment cell should be made similar to SCP 714's ( but bigger obviously. ) It doesn't make sense why they would force staff to transverse though it's cell just to progress through the facility. :?

Suggestions for details;

1. If this is possible to make it would be a cool effect. When the text shows up that says "You're feeling weak." rather than just cutting to a black screen have the camera POV fall to the side and hit the floor with a "thud or thump." sound, a variant of this could be falling backwards as well. This will create the effect of the player collapsing, after a few seconds of the camera's POV laying sideways ( or looking up at the ceiling for the falling backwards effect.) have the screen cut to the report where your body has been discovered. 8)

2. Not really an idea for this SCP, but since you already have the model for a painting have you thought about making SCP-151? You only would have to model a cloth of some kind for it. The cloth covering the painting could act like any other item ( although it probably won't have any more uses afterwards ) when you walk up to it and add it to your inventory it unveils the painting and if the player happens to look at it a while later they will start breathing heavy followed by chocking and a gurgling sound before falling over dead. The report afterwards could mention that the subject was found with seawater in his lungs although they were nowhere near an ocean. ( make the report sound better than this though :P )

Spoiler
TheRooster09 wrote:Some stuff to fix;

1. The outside of the cell needs one of those SCP Signs that tells you what it is and the threat level.

2. It's containment cell should be made similar to SCP 714's ( but bigger obviously. ) It doesn't make sense why they would force staff to transverse though it's cell just to progress through the facility. :?

Suggestions for details;

1. If this is possible to make it would be a cool effect. When the text shows up that says "You're feeling weak." rather than just cutting to a black screen have the camera POV fall to the side and hit the floor with a "thud or thump." sound, a variant of this could be falling backwards as well. This will create the effect of the player collapsing, after a few seconds of the camera's POV laying sideways ( or looking up at the ceiling for the falling backwards effect.) have the screen cut to the report where your body has been discovered. 8)

2. Not really an idea for this SCP, but since you already have the model for a painting have you thought about making SCP-151? You only would have to model a cloth of some kind for it. The cloth covering the painting could act like any other item ( although it probably won't have any more uses afterwards ) when you walk up to it and add it to your inventory it unveils the painting and if the player happens to look at it a while later they will start breathing heavy followed by chocking and a gurgling sound before falling over dead. The report afterwards could mention that the subject was found with seawater in his lungs although they were nowhere near an ocean. ( make the report sound better than this though :P )
Fixes:

1. The room doesn't have that sign, since it's not 1074's containment cell, it's a test room. Doctor Maynard was testing in this room before the breach occurred, and there wasn't enough time to recontain the painting. I might add some empty test rooms and 1074's actual containment cell to add realism to the facility.

2. You are forced to go through 1074's testing area because the door in the middle is "probably broken", Foundation staff should actually be able to use this door. The room is designed to adapt to a variety of testing situations, but not a specific one, so it works pretty well.

Suggestions:

1. This effect is what the blackness hides. I thought it would be better to not show what happened at that point, but I guess I can change this.

2. "Subject D-9341 was found dead in [REDACTED]. Autopsy reveals that subject's lungs were filled with seawater. Subject was probably exposed to SCP-151, but this hasn't been confirmed." How does this sound? I might add it to this mod, the game could randomly choose between 1074 and 151 for the test room.

juanjpro wrote: 1. The room doesn't have that sign, since it's not 1074's containment cell, it's a test room. Doctor Maynard was testing in this room before the breach occurred, and there wasn't enough time to recontain the painting. I might add some empty test rooms and 1074's actual containment cell to add realism to the facility.
Sounds good to me. For new players sake I would add a document in it's actual containment chamber saying that it has been moved to a testing area. That way if they stumble across the cell first they won't be like "Why is this room empty?"
juanjpro wrote: 2. "Subject D-9341 was found dead in [REDACTED]. Autopsy reveals that subject's lungs were filled with seawater. Subject was probably exposed to SCP-151, but this hasn't been confirmed." How does this sound? I might add it to this mod, the game could randomly choose between 1074 and 151 for the test room.
I like it :) I would still include both SCP's, but it's up to you. The facility seems to have a lot of unused space and the more SCP's to populate it and be able to explore the better in my opinion. Also, keep up the good work, you have made a lot of cool stuff so far 8)