Re: Thinking of implementing SCP-008-1 instances...

Well, it's probably a good way to spread 008 around the facility, instead of making the infection a decision. Cloning the 049-2 NPC to implement this might be an easy way to do it.

Edit: Oops. Not 049-1. 049-2.
Last edited by juanjp600 on Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

juanjpro wrote:Well, it's probably a good way to spread 008 around the facility, instead of making the infection a decision. Cloning the 049-1 NPC to implement this might be an easy way to do it.
Sorry for being a grammar nazi, but 049-2*, and I thought of doing that, but 008-1 instances are infected, not zombies, and will naturally be smarter, and have a plan before attacking. Similar to :106: and :173:
My YouTube. I make bad content.
My Steam. Add me if you'd like.

D-9999 wrote:008-1 instances are infected, not zombies, and will naturally be smarter, and have a plan before attacking. Similar to :106: and :173:
Conditioned behavior, motor controls, and instinctive behavioral mechanisms are damaged, and cognitive abilities are severely retarded and erratic. [...] Subject can adapt to its damaged nervous systems but is limited to basic physical activities, including standing up, balancing on two legs, walking, biting, grabbing, and crawling. Subject will energetically move towards sights, sounds, and smells it associates with living humans. Subject will attempt to ingest living humans if physical contact is made.
So even if they can think, they won't be able to create plans on how to attack the player since their cognitive abilities are limited.

juanjpro wrote:
D-9999 wrote:008-1 instances are infected, not zombies, and will naturally be smarter, and have a plan before attacking. Similar to :106: and :173:
Conditioned behavior, motor controls, and instinctive behavioral mechanisms are damaged, and cognitive abilities are severely retarded and erratic. [...] Subject can adapt to its damaged nervous systems but is limited to basic physical activities, including standing up, balancing on two legs, walking, biting, grabbing, and crawling. Subject will energetically move towards sights, sounds, and smells it associates with living humans. Subject will attempt to ingest living humans if physical contact is made.
So even if they can think, they won't be able to create plans on how to attack the player since their cognitive abilities are limited.
Still, they'd have to wait in key rooms, like maybe a lockroom like :173: or another chamber, like maybe the chamber of :106: and either way, this is going to make the game harder. They'll obviously have placeholders, and stuff. I will make them a bit smarter. It's okay to go a bit non-canon, just not way too far off.
My YouTube. I make bad content.
My Steam. Add me if you'd like.

I would make a special little area for 008's chamber and then have the instances of 008 laying on the ground in that area. It would seem like you just randomly added zombies to the game if they were all over the facility :? Also, if it were me, I would have them trigger/get up after leaving 008's chamber. That way the player would have had a chance to read the document and know what they where and the possible danger is :wink:

TheRooster09 wrote:I would make a special little area for 008's chamber and then have the instances of 008 laying on the ground in that area. It would seem like you just randomly added zombies to the game if they were all over the facility :? Also, if it were me, I would have them trigger/get up after leaving 008's chamber. That way the player would have had a chance to read the document and know what they where and the possible danger is :wink:
Thats a fantastic idea.
But the dead Guards are all over the facility too. So maybe a scene where a zombie eats a Guard ?