Re: [HELP!] Code for animating

mrpeanut188 wrote:
IKnowRight wrote:Can someone quickly right up some good that will make scp-173 play a 5 frame, 1fps animation named "Animation" Constantly? I need it to advance in a mod i'm working on.
You need to use the function Animate2().
Function Animate2(ent%, curr#, start%, quit%, speed#, loop=True)

Animate2(Curr173\Collider, AnimTime(Curr173\Collider), start%, quit%, 0.03, true)

Replace the start% with the starting frame, and quit% with the end frame. You can find the frame #s in fragMOTION.
Now, to make him play the animation, just make that code play every second, so somewhere within the Main Loop contained in Main.bb

Hope I helped.
Alright, I'll try it out asap
Also Known as Combine
http://scpcbgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3154
Creator of the glorious Omega Shitheads

Cridone wrote:No, I meant the 173 head animations were so bad you can see the distortion.
Imagine you'd need to separate the head and body as well as their textures to make it correct, right?

Oh my Nightmare Cridone, you actually put that part with D-9341 and SCP-895 in your signature?
The Nightmares...will last...FOREVEEEEERRRRR!
In the event that Nightmare Tank tries to take charge, Dr. Glitch is to warn it, until it ceases its behaviour.

mrpeanut188 wrote:
IKnowRight wrote:Can someone quickly right up some good that will make scp-173 play a 5 frame, 1fps animation named "Animation" Constantly? I need it to advance in a mod i'm working on.

Animate2(Curr173\Collider, AnimTime(Curr173\Collider), start%, quit%, 0.03, true)

Replace the start% with the starting frame, and quit% with the end frame. You can find the frame #s in fragMOTION.
Now, to make him play the animation, just make that code play every second, so somewhere within the Main Loop contained in Main.bb

Hope I helped.
I can't figure out where to put it. I would presume near the 173 code in NPC.bb but you said Main.bb so yeah. Halp.
Also Known as Combine

IKnowRight wrote:
mrpeanut188 wrote:

Hope I helped.
I can't figure out where to put it. I would presume near the 173 code in NPC.bb but you said Main.bb so yeah. Halp.
Well one way you could do it is to search NPC.bb for the word "Animate2" and see if there's any examples you can see. If you shove it into the main loop, then it's going to bring down FPS, peanut, because it's checking the If to play that animation every frame.
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile

InnocentSam wrote: Well one way you could do it is to search NPC.bb for the word "Animate2" and see if there's any examples you can see. If you shove it into the main loop, then it's going to bring down FPS, peanut, because it's checking the If to play that animation every frame.
I'll try that.

Off Topic: I read everything you post in Max's voice because of your avatar

EDIT: No-Matter where I stick it, Blitz3D says "Function can only appear in main program"
Also Known as Combine