[0.8.2] SCP-1123 Mod - The Atrocity Skull

It's that time of the year again. Another creepy mod from the people who brought you SCP-008!

What is it?
This mod adds in SCP-1123, a new memetic hazard, into the game. It adds all the things you'd expect out of an SCP in the full game. Not going to reveal too much about the mod, you'll have to see it for yourself! Unless you look at the SCP-wiki...

How to install
Just drag and drop into the SCPCB 0.8.2 directory and run the modded exe. The source is included for anyone who'd like to see it.

Download
It's in the compilation pack! :)

Credits
As always, Regalis for making the game :D
Prune for sound effects/ambiance, as well as testing.

Preview
[youtube]watch?v=-XtGXQY9Y_Q[/youtube]
Bug reports
My debugger didn't work throughout development so any problems please report them. If you get a MAV after selecting your resolution, set to XP Service Pack 3 compatibility and Run as Administrator.

And have a great Christmas!
Last edited by InnocentSam on Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile

Re: [0.8.2] SCP-1123 Mod - The Atrocity Skull

juanjpro wrote:Don't read this if you haven't played the mod yet:
Spoiler
[1]I didn't expect to be teleported into the room with the skull, that's a nice feature. But why does it happen?

[2]Also, the room's textures look weird.
Spoiler
[1] Because merely playing creepy noises wasn't like a horror game at all :D

[2] I said to Prune when I uploaded this "if anyone comments on the room you get warped into looking weird, I'm gonna tell them to stop noclipping and start playing."

Juan.

Stop noclipping.

Start playing :laugh:
Twitter
Github Profile

I have a question, can you use this with other Mods? I tried to merge two different Mods (this and another one) and the game ran, but when I get to the guard's event (where he goes in an elevator) I got a MAV (even using the bugfixes); plus the other mod got somehow "damaged" by this one (a room added by the second Mod was glitched, it didn't have any door! They were litterally vanished!). Probably, if I will find SCP-1123, I will get a MAV and the game will crash...
Is there a way to put both the two mods together without making them "fighting each-other"?
Probably if I use one mode at time, the game will not crash or have problems, but I'm curious. :)

NOTE: I put all the file to merge from both the two mods in their directory. I don't know if I made a mistake when I did it...
For the second mod I had to put other files in the source code exactly like this one. I put all the files from the two Mods in the source code...
:173: :106: <Please, give us a hug!)
:096: <Do you think my face is ugly? RHAAAAAR!! )
:049: <I sense the Desease in you! Take a nap and you'll get better...)

Mr. Shy-Guy wrote:I have a question, can you use this with other Mods? I tried to merge two different Mods (this and another one) and the game ran, but when I get to the guard's event (where he goes in an elevator) I got a MAV (even using the bugfixes); plus the other mod got somehow "damaged" by this one (a room added by the second Mod was glitched, it didn't have any door! They were litterally vanished!). Probably, if I will find SCP-1123, I will get a MAV and the game will crash...
Is there a way to put both the two mods together without making them "fighting each-other"?
Probably if I use one mode at time, the game will not crash or have problems, but I'm curious. :)

NOTE: I put all the file to merge from both the two mods in their directory. I don't know if I made a mistake when I did it...
For the second mod I had to put other files in the source code exactly like this one. I put all the files from the two Mods in the source code...
Unfortunately mods that modify the source code (the good mods) are incompatible.

I'm hoping to work with other modders in merging our SCP mods into a single download, I've just got to get permission from them.
Twitter
Github Profile

InnocentSam wrote:Unfortunately mods that modify the source code (the good mods) are incompatible.

I'm hoping to work with other modders in merging our SCP mods into a single download, I've just got to get permission from them.
You can take Merged Mods into your own mod if you want to. I'd like to add a new SCP as a new mod, but since I'm not good at coding AI, I'll probably need some help. Anyway, I'm planning to make it for v0.9.