Re: [1.0.6] Box of Horrors - A Compilation Mod v0.8.0b

BUG REPORTS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Title: Launcher Bug (Resolutions)

What is it: In the Launcher, when you boot it up, it doesn't show resolution options.

When it occurs: Launching the game. (Through Steam and the folder, it still happened)

Error messages: N/A

Version of Box of Horrors: v0.8.0b (Containment Breach Version: 1.0.6 - Fresh Copy)

Picture:
Spoiler
NOTE: At the bottom box, where you can choose the Monitor you want to use, the text disappears.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Title: Sound - janitor2.ogg

What is it: The game fails to load "janitor2.ogg"

When it occurs: Exactly Outside the Electrical Center.

Error messages: ERROR! "failed to load janitor2.ogg"

Version of Box of Horrors: v0.8.0b (Containment Breach Version: 1.0.6 - Fresh Copy)

NOTE: "janitor2.ogg" is already in the SFX folder.
NOTE 2: I was at the Electrical center. I do not see why it would need a Janitor sound.
DX-DIAGNOSIS (Computer Specs)
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 3/14/2015, 11:13:36
Machine name: CONNOR-GAMINGPC
Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_r7.150109-2022)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC
BIOS: F.31
Processor: AMD A10-5745M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (4 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 7364MB RAM
Page File: 3115MB used, 6424MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.03.9600.16384 64bit Unicode

Thanks,

~Connor
Last edited by Nehpys on Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sorry for the Double post, but I found some more things:

BUGS WITH: SCP - CONTAINMENT BREACH: Box of Horror's Mod - v0.8.0b - v1.0.6
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
MENU BUGS:
------------------
1. When going into the Options Menu, you can't see the back button, and it causes extreme lag when GOING INTO the options. EDIT: Lag sometimes does not happen in Windowed Mode.

2. When using the Steam Overlay (when hooked with steam) the 3D menu text overlaps the overlay.
In-Game
-------------------
1. No Matter what you do, when you try to get past SCP-1074, it's almost, if not, possible.

2. Some parts of the Text for SCP-1074 does not show. Usually starts at "But Why do I see myself in it?"

3. For SCP-409, I still get infected if I am not near it. I purpose making it intractable. (I.E: The use Icon for buttons and such.)

4. I still get Hallucinations and such from 1123 If I am outside the room.

5. Got save corruption glitch when I tried to get back into game.

6. SCP-038 sometimes does not copy 1123.

7. The Zombie for the medical bay still follows you around the map, only sometimes though.

These are all Bugs I have found with Box of Horror's at the moment.

If I find more, I will report them.

~Connor Hess

Title: SCP-178's room, and the item in the room, has the inability to spawn.

What is it: SCP-178, and its room, does not, possibly can not, spawn in the map.

When it occurs: When creating a new map (save/game)

Version of Box of Horrors: v0.8.0b (Containment Breach Version: v1.0.6 - Fresh Copy)

Picture: N/A

NOTICE: SCP-178's Room does not spawn, nor the item with it, but you can force it to spawn using the map creator.

NOTICE 2: Just noticed the Report above me. Sorry XD.

SyphenTV wrote:Title: SCP-178's room, and the item in the room, has the inability to spawn.

What is it: SCP-178, and its room, does not, possibly can not, spawn in the map.
I'll see what I can do.
SyphenTV wrote: Title: Launcher Bug (Resolutions)

What is it: In the Launcher, when you boot it up, it doesn't show resolution options.
Strange. Does this happen on the normal game as well?
SyphenTV wrote: Title: Sound - janitor2.ogg

Should be an easy- but hacky- fix.
SyphenTV wrote: 1. When going into the Options Menu, you can't see the back button, and it causes extreme lag when GOING INTO the options. EDIT: Lag sometimes does not happen in Windowed Mode.
I probably never noticed it because I always play in windowed. I'll look into it.
SyphenTV wrote: 2. When using the Steam Overlay (when hooked with steam) the 3D menu text overlaps the overlay.
Can't do nuffink about that, that's a conflict with the whole graphics API.
SyphenTV wrote: 1. No Matter what you do, when you try to get past SCP-1074, it's almost, if not, possible.
Why is that?
SyphenTV wrote: 2. Some parts of the Text for SCP-1074 does not show. Usually starts at "But Why do I see myself in it?"
I'll look into that.
SyphenTV wrote: 3. For SCP-409, I still get infected if I am not near it. I purpose making it intractable. (I.E: The use Icon for buttons and such.)
Yeah I've been meaning to make the distance slightly closer so that people can pick up the key easier without dying (although maybe it's better this way as it requires SCP-500 before you can take the key)
SyphenTV wrote: 4. I still get Hallucinations and such from 1123 If I am outside the room.
Eh, not sure how I'd fix this. Could probably add another check to the closeness of the skull just before it starts the hallucinations to check if the player is in the room.
SyphenTV wrote: 5. Got save corruption glitch when I tried to get back into game.
Yep, know about this.
SyphenTV wrote: 6. SCP-038 sometimes does not copy 1123.
You aren't supposed to be able to pick up SCP-1123.
SyphenTV wrote: 7. The Zombie for the medical bay still follows you around the map, only sometimes though.
It'll still follow you if you don't try to outrun it. I could outrun it quite easily and I'm crap at SCP:CB :laugh:

Cheers for the bug reports!
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile

Spoiler
InnocentSam wrote:
SyphenTV wrote:Title: SCP-178's room, and the item in the room, has the inability to spawn.

I'll see what I can do.
SyphenTV wrote: Title: Launcher Bug (Resolutions)

Strange. Does this happen on the normal game as well?
SyphenTV wrote: Title: Sound - janitor2.ogg

Should be an easy- but hacky- fix.
SyphenTV wrote: 1. When going into the Options Menu, you can't see the back button, and it causes extreme lag when GOING INTO the options. EDIT: Lag sometimes does not happen in Windowed Mode.
I probably never noticed it because I always play in windowed. I'll look into it.
SyphenTV wrote: 2. When using the Steam Overlay (when hooked with steam) the 3D menu text overlaps the overlay.
Can't do nuffink about that, that's a conflict with the whole graphics API.
SyphenTV wrote: 1. No Matter what you do, when you try to get past SCP-1074, it's almost, if not, possible.
Why is that?
SyphenTV wrote: 2. Some parts of the Text for SCP-1074 does not show. Usually starts at "But Why do I see myself in it?"
I'll look into that.
SyphenTV wrote: 3. For SCP-409, I still get infected if I am not near it. I purpose making it intractable. (I.E: The use Icon for buttons and such.)
Yeah I've been meaning to make the distance slightly closer so that people can pick up the key easier without dying (although maybe it's better this way as it requires SCP-500 before you can take the key)
SyphenTV wrote: 4. I still get Hallucinations and such from 1123 If I am outside the room.
Eh, not sure how I'd fix this. Could probably add another check to the closeness of the skull just before it starts the hallucinations to check if the player is in the room.
SyphenTV wrote: 5. Got save corruption glitch when I tried to get back into game.
Yep, know about this.
SyphenTV wrote: 6. SCP-038 sometimes does not copy 1123.
You aren't supposed to be able to pick up SCP-1123.
SyphenTV wrote: 7. The Zombie for the medical bay still follows you around the map, only sometimes though.
It'll still follow you if you don't try to outrun it. I could outrun it quite easily and I'm crap at SCP:CB :laugh:

Cheers for the bug reports!

What I mean, for SCP-1074, is that when I enter the room, I get pulled in-front of the painting automatically (I can't move when I enter the room) and I die from it.

About 1123: Yea, I know. I was just testing the probability of copying something that you can't pick up :D

Oh, and no. About the resolution bugs, it does not happen in the vanilla game.

Thanks for reading the reports! I've sort of got the hang to search for bugs in the vanilla game now. I thought I would try Box of Horror's First. :D
Oh, and one more thing, whenever you pick up 1123 in Godmode and save, it gives a MAV. For me at least.
About the Save Corruption, it says that it corrupted the save, but if you restart the game you can still play it.

Thanks!
~Connor

P.S: Wait, does 005 spawn in 409's chamber? It doesn't for me.
-------------------------------------------------------
POSSIBLE BUG REPORT

Title: SCP-409's Room. SCP-005 bug(?)

What is it: In SCP-409's chamber, 005 does not spawn next to the scientist.

When it occurs: On new map.

Version of Box of Horrors: v0.8.0b (Containment Breach Version: v1.0.6 - Fresh Copy)

Picture: N/A