Re: [0.9.1] Box of Horrors - A Compilation Mod v0.5 (SCP-409

AveryLP wrote:
Skin_ wrote:Bloody hell, that was great! When I came across that body I felt seriously creeped out. Excellent idea for 005 too, looking forward to 0.5.1.
Yeah dude, the containment chamber and the model of SCP-409 just look gorgeous!
Model was by Tobop. Forgot to put that in credits, will do in next patch.
Question, did you merge this into the mod?
No, might do in future or offer different download link for it.
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile

InnocentSam wrote: Model was by Tobop. Forgot to put that in credits, will do in next patch.

I vote merge :) That also reminds me... did you get permission from him to use his other models?

Anyway, ahem. Here's a small report of the bugs I have found, ready for 0.5.1. Plus a suggestion or two.

Gameplay -
The only thing I've found so far is a bug where an error message is displayed when you die and then try to click load, saying "Couldn't load the game, save file corrupted (error 2.5). The game then closes. Seems quite bad.

Visually -
A few little things, I may well be nitpicking (I probably am).

The signs' textures are quite stretched.
Spoiler
Random little sticky-outy thingy on gate (may actually be part of the lock, I don't know).
Spoiler
Random shapes near the door to 409's chamber.
Spoiler
I guess not a bug, but you seem to have forgot the two improved loading screens. That is, unless you like poorly edited low-res screenshots :P
Spoiler
The two improved ones -

009 will have to be changed to this too -
[SCP-009]
image path = 009.jpg
align x = right
align y = top
Then there are of course the magic floaty light balls, but oh well, they all over the game!

Small suggestions -

Give the play some sort of sign they have touched 409, a message is easiest.
Make the process faster.
Instead of the regular death, the screen could suddenly black out as the player falls and the glass breaking sound could play. This would suggest that they shattered, like the article says.

Other than those few odd things, the new update is pretty much polished! I'm loving it.

EDIT - I just noticed that you gave me a little mention in the credits. Thanks a lot man, you didn't have to do that :)
Last edited by Skin_ on Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skin_ wrote:
InnocentSam wrote: Model was by Tobop. Forgot to put that in credits, will do in next patch.

I vote merge :) That also reminds me... did you get permission from him to use his other models?

Anyway, ahem. Here's a small report of the bugs I have found, ready for 0.5.1. Plus a suggestion or two.

Gameplay -
The only thing I've found so far is a bug where an error message is displayed when you die and then try to click load, saying "Couldn't load the game, save file corrupted (error 2.5). The game then closes. Seems quite bad.

Visually -
A few little things, I may well be nitpicking (I probably am).

The signs' textures are quite stretched.
Spoiler
Random little sticky-outy thingy on gate (may actually be part of the lock, I don't know).
Spoiler
Random shapes near the door to 409's chamber.
Spoiler
I guess not a bug, but you seem to have forgot the two improved loading screens. That is, unless you like poorly edited low-res screenshots :P
Spoiler
The two improved ones -

009 will have to be changed to this too -
[SCP-009]
image path = 009.jpg
align x = right
align y = top
Then there are of course the magic floaty light balls, but oh well, they all over the game!

Small suggestions -

Give the play some sort of sign they have touched 409, a message is easiest.
Make the process faster.
Instead of the regular death, the screen could suddenly black out as the player falls and the glass breaking sound could play. This would suggest that they shattered, like the article says.

Other than those few odd things, the new update is pretty much polished! I'm loving it.
I love the new update too!
This mod has great potentional and an good future!
Playing SCP : Containment Breach since v0.6.5.

My favorite SCP's: Pretty much all of them

Updated to v0.5.1: https://mega.co.nz/#!E8EjzYLJ!DoAWJBF1K ... 4yG0leHK4Y

Changes:
- Changed wall textures for room2test1074 and room2testmisc
- Made SCP-038's room a bit brighter
- Fixed a bug with SCP-1074
- Fixed quick loading
- Added SCP-409 achievement
- Moved SCP-1074's document
- Optimized SCP-409's event

The changelog file has been updated in the download.

Edit: I forgot to say that SCP-038's and SCP-1074's events now use FPSfactor so they don't slow down with low framerate.