Re: [0.9] Red Ice

The video is done!

[youtube]watch?v=nz3cTiO0KdU[/youtube]

Thanks for the wonderful mod. Great work, keep it up! Also on another note, I saw your topic about the mod compilation the other day with some of my videos in the OT, and I noticed I still hadn't made a video of The Everything Tree, so today I made a video about it. Here is a link if you like to see it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onwVyNZAniE
Youtube Channel (Mostly SCP Related): http://adf.ly/bIorf

Niborius wrote:The video is done!
Thank you, the video is great! I'll be adding it to the OP soon.
Niborius wrote:Thanks for the wonderful mod. Great work, keep it up! Also on another note, I saw your topic about the mod compilation the other day with some of my videos in the OT, and I noticed I still hadn't made a video of The Everything Tree, so today I made a video about it. Here is a link if you like to see it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onwVyNZAniE
I already found that video, thanks again! :)

(The following is only from watching the video I'm afraid, mods on my computer cause some sort of strange screen error that drives me nuts)

I'll say that the presentation here is brilliant, it looks like something that can genuinely be in containment breach, I wish I could see how the ladder worked exactly in the video.

However, it feels kinda empty, I mean it's not exactly unique from a gameplay perspective (IE you die if you stand in it too long), but it's very well made. Perhaps you could add something else to the chamber, like a crystallized corpse of a scientist below the broken catwalk, just to add some more interest.

Your mods are getting better and better, can't wait to see what you'll tackle later on.
It slep time bunner.

Great job with the Mod as usual, that's not surprising because nearly everyone in this Forum knows your talent in modding, modelling and coding (and the last two are really hard to learn!). :)
It's incredible how you can surprise us everytime by popping-up with a new Mod when nobody would expect it; and I really want to try this one! :D
I agree with Omniary, this fits really well with the general atmosphere of the game and it's tecnically really similar to the other things in SCP:C.B., so it does not look "out of place" and I would like to see this added. But what could be it's pourpose in the game? (as you know, Regalis is trying to give a pourpose of some kind to all the SCPs in the game. I think that he would not add it if he knows that it does nothing useful for the gameplay or something really special/weird/super-scary...)

I hope it will be merged into "Box of Horrors" too, this collection is amazing and adding new stuff or SCPs to it could only improve its quality-level (that is already high, and WAY HIGHER that other "textures-and-sounds-changer-Mods"...)
:173: :106: <Please, give us a hug!)
:096: <Do you think my face is ugly? RHAAAAAR!! )
:049: <I sense the Desease in you! Take a nap and you'll get better...)

I have to begin by stating the room design of this SCP is rather impressive, I admire the way you integrated the room into the hallways so that it isn't another boring dead end room, but something more noticeable as you navigate through the game. It's nice to see you went for a broken containment room here to suit the appropriate atmosphere of this game. I'm really glad to see more and more SCP additions in the form of mods being made, rather than a plethora of texture mods with little gameplay changing value.

I wouldn't mind seeing what Omniary suggested - the crystallized bodies of people unfortunate enough to go down with the collapsed bridge - scattered about the room or trapped under the bridge. Also, that blinking light on the ceiling caught my attention. You've got to find a way to get flickering lights like that scattered around the facility randomly, if it's possible.

Couldn't there be more incentive to enter the main chamber, I wonder? Maybe if the one or two of the doors that provide alternate routes around the chamber could be non-functional so depending on which way you entered the room, some of the exits could only be accessed via the bridge at the center. If the point is for the SCP to be purely cosmetic, then that's fine. I just have an obsession to make sure every SCP is there to be noticed, unlike SCP 012 and 1025.

Just one small thing, the key-card slot for the ladder-door is a bit too hard to reach. That's the only thing that affected the mod, at least for me. Keep up the excellent work!
ey b0ss, can I habe de pussi plz?

As Prune said, that light is really neat, it's something you don't really see in CB and could be implemented to give a much creepier and more dilapidated feel to the facility.

I reread the article and this caught my eye.
If contamination is discovered, no material or personnel shall be permitted to exit, and a Level 2 lock-down of the containment area shall commence. Lethal force is authorized in cases of dire need, but all security forces are strongly advised to remain as far away from their targets as possible, to minimize the chance of contact with fluids contaminated by SCP-009.
What if you came across a partially contaminated, but still alive scientist? He could run at you, screaming things like please help, or kill me, and if he could get close enough he'd get you dead within seconds, but if you outrun him long enough for him to become completely crystallized, he'd fall over and die. It all sounds like a lot of work though, but that's my suggestion if Regalis would consider adding this to the game, since it could be pretty awesome.
It slep time bunner.

Omniary wrote:What if you came across a partially contaminated, but still alive scientist? He could run at you, screaming things like please help, or kill me, and if he could get close enough he'd get you dead within seconds, but if you outrun him long enough for him to become completely crystallized, he'd fall over and die. It all sounds like a lot of work though, but that's my suggestion if Regalis would consider adding this to the game, since it could be pretty awesome.
That's the point of modding, if it's a ton of work then it will most likely be a ton of fun. The only thing I'd need is a voice actor, and maybe a texture artist for the new scientist(s).

Thanks for the advice guys, it really helps! :)