Re: Quick-Update Cheet-sheet

Items.bb in the Box of Horrors is just a copy of the old one with the "Ignot" typo fixed.

And in Save.bb:
If strtemp <> VersionNumber Or VersionNumber = "0.9" Then RuntimeError("The save files of v"+strtemp+" aren't compatible with SCP - Containment Breach v"+VersionNumber+".")
The underlined text has no actual use. There, it's checking if the game's version number is "0.9", which isn't ever true, so if you remove that or change it to And strtemp <> "0.9", no harm is done. In fact, you should remove it if the mod changes the VersionNumber variable.

Re: Quick-Update Cheet-sheet

juanjpro wrote:Items.bb in the Box of Horrors is just a copy of the old one with the "Ignot" typo fixed.
Yeah, I saw that, but just for simplicities' sake and for those not so new to the source code I'm trying to put changes no matter how small.
juanjpro wrote: And in Save.bb:
If strtemp <> VersionNumber Or VersionNumber = "0.9" Then RuntimeError("The save files of v"+strtemp+" aren't compatible with SCP - Containment Breach v"+VersionNumber+".")
The underlined text has no actual use. There, it's checking if the game's version number is "0.9", which isn't ever true, so if you remove that or change it to And strtemp <> "0.9", no harm is done. In fact, you should remove it if the mod changes the VersionNumber variable.
Oh, I see what you mean, that should be changed if you are trying to mod the game and you change the version number. Since I've never changed the version number and loaded a save with another edited number, I've never run into this. Great find!

Re: [Guide] Source Code: Quick-Update Cheat Sheet

InnocentSam wrote:Just a tip for in case mrpeanut is unable to update the cheat sheet in a new update, you can do the comparisons yourself using a program using WinMerge. Functions near-same as Diff Checker but runs locally so no internet required.
Wait, WinMerge can show the differences in the files themselves? I've been using WinMerge this whole time...
I also use WM to check the differences between versions for the files themselves, I sometimes make patches for IndieDB.