Re: Five nights at freddy's mod coming soon

CLgaming wrote:And that is what the FNaF community is like. Making things that have practically been already made by other people. (*cough*fivenightsatwaltdisneys*cough*)

All in all, it's a community that is just as bad as, if not worse than, Minecraft. Both games are good. Both communities are [EXPECTIVE REDACTED] horsecrap loads of barnacles.
(*cough*fivenightsatwaltdisneys*cough*)
Excuse me?

That's it. I intended to ignore this thread but all these aggressive accusations made me further investigate the topic. The previous discussion was alreay shitty on multiple fronts, but you had to wake the sleeping dogs for almost no reason whatsoever.
Really funny how you show a screenshot of a Chica model YOU made, but then you go ahead and port I6NIS's models (without permission I presume).
Firstly, just because he/she took screenshots using I6NIS's models doesn't mean either he/she's going to use them in the mod release or his/her WIP model is a red flag. You don't use WIP models in WIP code; you use placeholder models for that. Sure I6NIS's license forces attribution, but I wouldn't sweat over that since their use is secondary (not released as part of the mod). In fact, there's no release whatsoever.
And that is what the FNaF community is like. Making things that have practically been already made by other people. (*cough*fivenightsatwaltdisneys*cough*)
Wrong. Eh I'll just post an argument here so I don't have to give justifications on another post - FNaF has some excellent fanart, which has gone well beyond the games themselves. Same as Minecraft, by the way, just instead of (just) fanart, they have mods. What you said is actually quite insultive. PS: Do your research Syphen.
All in all, it's a community that is just as bad as, if not worse than, Minecraft.
The communities are bad, I agree. But for different reasons. Also my previous answer.
(...) I presume (...)
The cause of the effect.

Now, enough bashing, from me, and hopefully, from you too. The real point here is that you leave this poor man/woman do this mod without jumping in to take a collective shit on this thread using very thin reasons. Specially because this is all in SCP:CB's favour, as long as I and you get to see proper license respect on the release.
SCP-079, SCP-294 & other models / SCP:CB Inventory Mod
I confirm you can win SCP:CB on Keter using only a keycard.

Hakkla wrote:
And that is what the FNaF community is like. Making things that have practically been already made by other people. (*cough*fivenightsatwaltdisneys*cough*)
Wrong. Eh I'll just post an argument here so I don't have to give justifications on another post - FNaF has some excellent fanart, which has gone well beyond the games themselves. Same as Minecraft, by the way, just instead of (just) fanart, they have mods. What you said is actually quite insultive. PS: Do your research Syphen.
I both agree and disagree; FNAF has some excellent fanart... some. I visit the /r/fivenightsatfreddys subreddit frequently and you see so much shit on there, but the other day I saw a genuinely good painting of one of the animatronics. Without a doubt, their community- on average- sucks, but as always there are outliers.

FYI, Syphen, the mod is not called Five Nights at Walt Disney's, it's called Five Night's at Treasure Island and actually seems to be one of the better things to come from the FNAF community.
Hakkla wrote:
Really funny how you show a screenshot of a Chica model YOU made, but then you go ahead and port I6NIS's models (without permission I presume).
Firstly, just because he/she took screenshots using I6NIS's models doesn't mean either he/she's going to use them in the mod release or his/her WIP model is a red flag. You don't use WIP models in WIP code; you use placeholder models for that. Sure I6NIS's license forces attribution, but I wouldn't sweat over that since their use is secondary (not released as part of the mod). In fact, there's no release whatsoever.
Agreed, but it is worth mentioning that lancethegamer has not specified any of this information at all, and we must therefore assume he is using those models in his final version. However- again- there is no release, so no issue.

I can't really talk about attribution, accreditation and such, since I'm making a port of Five Night's at Freddy's 1 to JavaScript/HTML, which actually is pretty bad copyright-wise, since all the media is included with it, without permission of the original developer. However, as it says in the readme, it is not meant to be available for download, because you have to pay Github to have a private repo, so may as well be public until it is finished.
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile

Hakkla wrote:PS: Do your research Syphen.
:roll:

I know I never made this clear, but I do. I was planning out a game called "Five Nights at Walt Disney's" It only occurred to me that you were talking about "Five Nights at Treasure Island" (Innocent Sam's Comment) and that what I thought CL said was being offensive to me. Now that I re-read what I posted, I did seem like an asshole, and I am sorry. I thought he was directing it to me, which was stupid of me to think of in the first place.
InnocentSam wrote:FYI, Syphen, the mod is not called Five Nights at Walt Disney's, it's called Five Night's at Treasure Island and actually seems to be one of the better things to come from the FNAF community.
I know, Five Nights at Treasure Island. I played it, it was cool.

CLgaming wrote:Actually, I remember seeing a name saying Five Nights at Walt Disney's somewhere on this forum.

Then again, I never looked into it much.

Yes, that was from me. It was a game I was thinking about making, called "Five Nights at Walt Disney's" and I changed it to "Five Nights at Mr. Disney's". Now, can we stop discussing this?