[1.2.4] SCP - Nine Tailed Fox Mod (v0.2.0 in progress again)

A place to show off your mods and discuss modding SCPCB.
User avatar
PXLSHN
SCP:CB Developer
Posts: 567
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:11 pm
Location: somewhere in Germany
Contact:

Re: SCP - Nine Tailed Fox Mod (WIP)

Postby PXLSHN » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:23 pm

karl-police wrote:Okay, wait a second.

I need to extract this?

B3D - RoomMesh Conversion.exe

And add the borderless thing inside, like copy paste it from the other B3D from 1.3? and paste it in there??


How do I even extract or get the source coude from 1.3 bcs I do not work with .exe at all I only do other things i never converted anything into an .exe


The code is available on Regalis' GitHub page (https://github.com/Regalis11/scpcb)
Altough it's not that easy to convert the stuff from ntf mod into the newer SCP:CB version. You need to use Blitz3D IDE to open the files (and compile the Main.bb file to play the game).
Image

karl-police
Dr. Bright's Assistant
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:59 pm

Re: SCP - Nine Tailed Fox Mod (WIP)

Postby karl-police » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:38 pm

PXLSHN wrote:
karl-police wrote:Okay, wait a second.

I need to extract this?

B3D - RoomMesh Conversion.exe

And add the borderless thing inside, like copy paste it from the other B3D from 1.3? and paste it in there??


How do I even extract or get the source coude from 1.3 bcs I do not work with .exe at all I only do other things i never converted anything into an .exe


The code is available on Regalis' GitHub page (https://github.com/Regalis11/scpcb)
Altough it's not that easy to convert the stuff from ntf mod into the newer SCP:CB version. You need to use Blitz3D IDE to open the files (and compile the Main.bb file to play the game).


I just wanted to add that borderless window option to the ntf launcher not put it into 1.3.9

User avatar
PXLSHN
SCP:CB Developer
Posts: 567
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:11 pm
Location: somewhere in Germany
Contact:

Re: SCP - Nine Tailed Fox Mod (WIP)

Postby PXLSHN » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:26 pm

karl-police wrote:I just wanted to add that borderless window option to the ntf launcher not put it into 1.3.9


Well, you still need to know how to code in Blitz3D to do that and it's not that easy to do as the new borderless windowed mode uses screen scaling which I personally haven't programmed into the game and I'm not sure if it's actually compatible with the ntf mod (due to the mod still using FastExtension and the newest SCP:CB versions don't use it).
I know the borderless windowed mode works using a main scaling sprite that scales the whole screen to make it fit the resolution of the desktop. But again, I wasn't the one who added that scaling thing for the borderless windowed mode and I actually never looked into it how exactly it works.

Another side note: The borderless windowed mode is actually nothing different than the windowed mode in that game, except it doesn't has the window borders and it it played full-screen, so if the bugs you see while playing the game in windowed mode happen then they won't most likely get fixed in borderless windowed mode for that version and I think this might be due to FastExtension (as it's not really compatible with Windows 8 and higher and even for other WIndows versions, as it's really unstable). To fix that problem entirely you would need to get rid off FastExtension entirely but I don't know what effort that will take as well.
Image

karl-police
Dr. Bright's Assistant
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:59 pm

Re: SCP - Nine Tailed Fox Mod (WIP)

Postby karl-police » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:26 pm

PXLSHN wrote:
karl-police wrote:I just wanted to add that borderless window option to the ntf launcher not put it into 1.3.9


Well, you still need to know how to code in Blitz3D to do that and it's not that easy to do as the new borderless windowed mode uses screen scaling which I personally haven't programmed into the game and I'm not sure if it's actually compatible with the ntf mod (due to the mod still using FastExtension and the newest SCP:CB versions don't use it).
I know the borderless windowed mode works using a main scaling sprite that scales the whole screen to make it fit the resolution of the desktop. But again, I wasn't the one who added that scaling thing for the borderless windowed mode and I actually never looked into it how exactly it works.

Another side note: The borderless windowed mode is actually nothing different than the windowed mode in that game, except it doesn't has the window borders and it it played full-screen, so if the bugs you see while playing the game in windowed mode happen then they won't most likely get fixed in borderless windowed mode for that version and I think this might be due to FastExtension (as it's not really compatible with Windows 8 and higher and even for other WIndows versions, as it's really unstable). To fix that problem entirely you would need to get rid off FastExtension entirely but I don't know what effort that will take as well.



Isn't there a Pre 0.2.0?

User avatar
PXLSHN
SCP:CB Developer
Posts: 567
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:11 pm
Location: somewhere in Germany
Contact:

Re: SCP - Nine Tailed Fox Mod (WIP)

Postby PXLSHN » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:03 pm

karl-police wrote:Isn't there a Pre 0.2.0?


No, at least not available for the public and I won't do/release a pre0.2.0 version.
Image

Johny_Bogan
Class-D
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:56 am

Re: [1.2.4] SCP - Nine Tailed Fox Mod (v0.2.0 in progress again)

Postby Johny_Bogan » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:00 am

I have a bug..when i launch the game via win.rar zip it says "The following DLLs were not found in the game directory:FastExt.dll Fastext.dll winfix.dll"

User avatar
Vane Brain
SCP:CB Developer
Posts: 854
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:15 am
Location: Room404

Re: [1.2.4] SCP - Nine Tailed Fox Mod (v0.2.0 in progress again)

Postby Vane Brain » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:39 am

Johny_Bogan wrote:I have a bug..when i launch the game via win.rar zip it says "The following DLLs were not found in the game directory:FastExt.dll Fastext.dll winfix.dll"

You need to have v1.2.2-1.2.4 of SCP CB to run NTF mod
Image

Johny_Bogan
Class-D
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:56 am

Re: [1.2.4] SCP - Nine Tailed Fox Mod (v0.2.0 in progress again)

Postby Johny_Bogan » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:55 am

Vane Brain wrote:
Johny_Bogan wrote:I have a bug..when i launch the game via win.rar zip it says "The following DLLs were not found in the game directory:FastExt.dll Fastext.dll winfix.dll"

You need to have v1.2.2-1.2.4 of SCP CB to run NTF mod

but i have 1.2.4!!

User avatar
Vane Brain
SCP:CB Developer
Posts: 854
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:15 am
Location: Room404

Re: [1.2.4] SCP - Nine Tailed Fox Mod (v0.2.0 in progress again)

Postby Vane Brain » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:27 am

Johny_Bogan wrote:
Vane Brain wrote:
Johny_Bogan wrote:I have a bug..when i launch the game via win.rar zip it says "The following DLLs were not found in the game directory:FastExt.dll Fastext.dll winfix.dll"

You need to have v1.2.2-1.2.4 of SCP CB to run NTF mod

but i have 1.2.4!!

Maybe you installed the mod uncorrectly. Can you send me screenshot of it's folder?
Image


Return to “Modding”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests