Re: SCP - Nine Tailed Fox Mod (WIP)

PXLSHN wrote:
ENDERMANLIKE wrote: I agree that not all 9 members would be there [What about other Sites?] BUT I think that four members should be at the Site [You are one of the four] because it could be a change in the plot [since it's not SCP Containment Breach] [Note: This could be a trailer for the mod, backstory to the mod, or an alternate story of the character if another MTF member is added to follow you.] Benjamin Oliver Walker didn't become a Class D after a disciplinary hearing but he got away with the research and became the ninth member of the E-11! Unfortunately another containment breach has occurred but this time the Class Ds were smart enough to gather weapons to defend themselves and unfortunately a group of SCPs were moved to the Site before the breach... So the Director of Task Forces [SCP Wiki] and the O5 Council​ have allowed one more member to go to the Site and help with the breach... One more than the last time this Site had a sitewide containment breach... Benjamin Oliver Walker is going to help with this breach by helping the E-11 Secure the Facility, Contain the breached SCPs, and Protect the other members of E-11... [Did you like my little story for if you joined the​ E-11 instead of taking control of one of them?]
It's actually pretty good concept :wink:
Altough I'm not sure if there will be many story-relating things in 0.2.0, as this version is still a Alpha version (the 2nd Alpha), altough I keep stuff like that in mind :wink:

But I'm not really sure about the idea of D-9341 joining the team. It just sounds weird to me :?
Yeah a D Class joining the MTF would be weird but that's why I said it's a different storyline: He was a senior researcher but he never got caught so he never had the disciplinary hearing... He becomes the ninth member of the unit and since new SCPs are in the mod they need another member to help the severe containment breach...

Re: [1.2.4] SCP - Nine Tailed Fox Mod (v0.2.0 in progress again)

ENDERMANLIKE wrote: Yeah a D Class joining the MTF would be weird but that's why I said it's a different storyline: He was a senior researcher but he never got caught so he never had the disciplinary hearing... He becomes the ninth member of the unit and since new SCPs are in the mod they need another member to help the severe containment breach...
Well actually, the official SCP foundation protocoll said that only 3 members of the nine tailed fox will be sent to recontain the SCPs (they are 3 groups with 3 members each).
0.2.0 won't have much story-related stuff anyways, as this version is most likely just adding new stuff like rooms and such and it's also supposed to be way better than 0.1.0/0.1.1 (altough it will add quite a bunch of other stuff as well) ;)
But story related stuff will most likely not be developed until a version higher than 0.2.0.

AgentParadox wrote:
ENDERMANLIKE wrote: He was a senior researcher but he never got caught so he never had the disciplinary hearing... He becomes the ninth member of the unit.
Woah. Plot hole time. If they were never "caught", how did they get demoted to a D-Class?
I was saying that he never got caught and became the last member of the E-11... He was caught which lead to what happened in SCP Containment Breach but this is you as a member of E-11 which is how the different version of Benjamin Oliver Walker became the member by not getting caught and becoming the D Class with the punchable face :laugh:

ENDERMANLIKE wrote: I was saying that he never got caught and became the last member of the E-11... He was caught which lead to what happened in SCP Containment Breach but this is you as a member of E-11 which is how the different version of Benjamin Oliver Walker became the member by not getting caught and becoming the D Class with the punchable face :laugh:
Alright, wait. The ntf mod actually plays in the same timeline and facility as SCP:CB. Different endings have been planned that will most likely give hints about the facility being in the same universe/time.
And also the voice of the player in ntf mod is different than the one from D-9341 (we have a new player voice actor BTW).

EDIT (@all): But don't get too excited about the ending stuff, as I'm not sure if they will really be implemented in 0.2.0 yet.

This mod looks bloody amazing, and I didn't even know it was made by a Containment Breach developer! Serves me right for not reading things. :laugh: Anyway, the mod says I need SCP - Containment Breach v1.2.3 to play, but I can't even download older versions of the game, as far as I'm aware. How can I play this mod if that's the case?

Update: I found an older version of Containment Breach to play, More specifically, v1.2.2. I've transferred all the data I needed to into the Containment Breach folder, replacing all files it needed to, but I get a "Memory Access Violation" when I start the NTF Mod application. What did I do wrong? I noticed there are still 2 files with the same name, one being "SourceCode" and another being "Source code". Is it those that are causing trouble?

Update 2: No, the Source Code folders weren't the problem.

Update 3: Given help from Vane Brain, I installed the patch. Still a memory access violation. I tried changing the "play movie" option in the "options.INI" file to 0 instead of 1. Still a memory access violation. I'm running out of options here.
With the frequency that I encounter bugs and glitches, I'm pretty much a bug tester, at this point.

Onemario1234 wrote:This mod looks bloody amazing, and I didn't even know it was made by a Containment Breach developer! Serves me right for not reading things. :laugh: Anyway, the mod says I need SCP - Containment Breach v1.2.3 to play, but I can't even download older versions of the game, as far as I'm aware. How can I play this mod if that's the case?

Update: I found an older version of Containment Breach to play, More specifically, v1.2.2. I've transferred all the data I needed to into the Containment Breach folder, replacing all files it needed to, but I get a "Memory Access Violation" when I start the NTF Mod application. What did I do wrong? I noticed there are still 2 files with the same name, one being "SourceCode" and another being "Source code". Is it those that are causing trouble?

Update 2: No, the Source Code folders weren't the problem.

Update 3: Given help from Vane Brain, I installed the patch. Still a memory access violation. I tried changing the "play movie" option in the "options.INI" file to 0 instead of 1. Still a memory access violation. I'm running out of options here.
What are your computer's specs (like RAM and such)?