Re: [1.2.4] SCP - Nine Tailed Fox Mod (v0.2.0 in progress again)

PXLSHN wrote:
Onemario1234 wrote:This mod looks bloody amazing, and I didn't even know it was made by a Containment Breach developer! Serves me right for not reading things. :laugh: Anyway, the mod says I need SCP - Containment Breach v1.2.3 to play, but I can't even download older versions of the game, as far as I'm aware. How can I play this mod if that's the case?

Update: I found an older version of Containment Breach to play, More specifically, v1.2.2. I've transferred all the data I needed to into the Containment Breach folder, replacing all files it needed to, but I get a "Memory Access Violation" when I start the NTF Mod application. What did I do wrong? I noticed there are still 2 files with the same name, one being "SourceCode" and another being "Source code". Is it those that are causing trouble?

Update 2: No, the Source Code folders weren't the problem.

Update 3: Given help from Vane Brain, I installed the patch. Still a memory access violation. I tried changing the "play movie" option in the "options.INI" file to 0 instead of 1. Still a memory access violation. I'm running out of options here.
What are your computer's specs (like RAM and such)?

I had the same issue and it seems i managed to fix it.

Copy the Whole NineTailedFox mod folder inside SCP CB folder without replacing any main archives and copy the NTF exe to main SCP CB folder.

It should work.

:D

Edit: Now it works, but when i enter the facility as soon as i cross gate A entrance, it starts a heavy lag leaving me with 2-5 FPS being unplayable.

Edit2: Heavy lag stand still now with more texture flickering.

Specs: Core2Duo with 2.2 GHZ
Win 10
Geforce 910

4GB ram

Hunk1 wrote: Maybe Deactivating the Hud should work?

Edit: the room that SCP-173 lags me.
Edit2: Depending on the seed, i get heavily lagged as well and deactivating hud does not work.
The real reason why the mod is so laggy and unstable in that version is because that certain mechanics that are in the mod are poorly coded and it also uses FastExtension which also has a lot of compability issues (that's why it got removed in SCP:CB version 1.3.1 as it also caused unstability in 1.3.0). The newest build is also running on the newest version of SCP:CB (or more to say will run) as I'm developing SCP:CB and SCP:NTF mod at the same time (so I can add the bugfixes I did in SCP:CB directly to the ntf mod).
Hoepfully most or even all stability issues will be solved when 0.2.0 is coming out (or at least reduced).

PXLSHN wrote:
Hunk1 wrote: Maybe Deactivating the Hud should work?

Edit: the room that SCP-173 lags me.
Edit2: Depending on the seed, i get heavily lagged as well and deactivating hud does not work.
The real reason why the mod is so laggy and unstable in that version is because that certain mechanics that are in the mod are poorly coded and it also uses FastExtension which also has a lot of compability issues (that's why it got removed in SCP:CB version 1.3.1 as it also caused unstability in 1.3.0). The newest build is also running on the newest version of SCP:CB (or more to say will run) as I'm developing SCP:CB and SCP:NTF mod at the same time (so I can add the bugfixes I did in SCP:CB directly to the ntf mod).
Hoepfully most or even all stability issues will be solved when 0.2.0 is coming out (or at least reduced).

YAY! I am waiting for that, i'm really wanting to play the NTF mod.

SCP-9341-D wrote:Amazing mod! I just hope that you fix the " :173: " Class-Ds as i call them :wink: (The ones that you can't kill and bullet holes appear instead of blood)
Also, can you do a "secret" ending where SCP- :682: escapes the facility completely and NTF-Unit- :REDACTED: (your character) finds a way to stop him?
And the bug with the ClassD's being stone is actually fixed for the 0.2.0 due to me rewriting the system on how hitboxes are assigned and how they will work in-game (now the hitboxes will be attached to the bones instead of just the collider).
And new endings might not come in 0.2.0, as we still need to do a lot of other stuff for this version that has a higher priority to be made.

PXLSHN wrote:
SCP-9341-D wrote:Amazing mod! I just hope that you fix the " :173: " Class-Ds as i call them :wink: (The ones that you can't kill and bullet holes appear instead of blood)
Also, can you do a "secret" ending where SCP- :682: escapes the facility completely and NTF-Unit- :REDACTED: (your character) finds a way to stop him?
And the bug with the ClassD's being stone is actually fixed for the 0.2.0 due to me rewriting the system on how hitboxes are assigned and how they will work in-game (now the hitboxes will be attached to the bones instead of just the collider).
And new endings might not come in 0.2.0, as we still need to do a lot of other stuff for this version that has a higher priority to be made.
well, animated stones :laugh:
Last edited by ashadttt on Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I really like your mod!. I'd like to share an idea, and if you add class-D guy types: one that has weapons (the one that already appears in the game),
another that is slippery (hide when we get in touch with it) other 2 ideas would be infected One scp-008 :0492: and the other scp-049-2 :0492:
GLaDOS: "Good-bye, my only friend."
Me: (gasp) :O
GLaDOS: "Oh, did you think I meant you?"
Me: ... :REDACTED: . T_T
... GLaDOS x SCP-079 :079_2: