Re: SCP - The New War (WIP)

slender1200 wrote:I do not know if it is possible to add a video in the game, so if any of you know if this is possible, let me know.
I want to add a TV somewhere, and one of those old commercials (or movies) are playing on it.
Ex:
[youtube]d7MCsp5Ier4[/youtube]
[youtube]nPnSkd6E[/youtube]
Blitz3D can render video files and it's even working then you draw a video on a texture. You can use formats such as AVI files. But you can also use GIFs, but before you are converting a video from YouTube or such, you need to know if the video should be looped or not (if yes, you then need the GIF format, if not, you can just use files like AVI). I don't really know if Blitz3D can also play audio contained in the file, if not,y ou just need to extract the sound as a single file and play it at the very same time the video is pülaying (sorry if it's a bit complicated explained). Some examples how to do that can be found in the Code Archives of Blitz3D. Maybe if I have the time I can look what I can do :wink:.

Just gonna post a few ideas.
1: A Nazi Officer will be in a heavy containment zone hallway, when he first sees you he will point his gun at you out of shock, but then he will see that you are also a Nazi, he will walk to you, but a 035 Tentacle will grab him from a air vent and take him.
2: On the two way cat walk, below you, you can see a Nazi running, but then a Military Officer will shoot him down before he reaches the door.
3: In the Test Room (the one where 173 breaks through) there can be a second event. A Nazi Officer will be trapped in there, banging on the window. If he sees you he will start screaming for help, but then something comes down the vent in there and throws him through the window. (Will post a picture of the monster later)
Two things can happen after that. A: The Thing will chase you. B: It will go back in the vent.
4: New Military/MTF weapons. They can run out of ammo, and will need to reload. But if they run out of ammo, they will pull out a pistol, if that runs out, they will pull out a knife. (Instead of them having infinite clip/ammo)
Last edited by slender1200 on Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't worry about your son, he will be sent to the deep dark depths in no time.

SyphenTV wrote:
slender1200 wrote:-snip-

Are you running out of ideas or some shit?
On what? I just came up with 4, unless you are talking about the monster, if you are, then you might not have seen the WIP
If you are going to say something like that, don't just say "its bad", the least you could do is point out some things. Like old SFK said.
"make sure it's constructive. Do not say things like "Oh that is crap".
But I forgive you my sweet innocent child...
https://youtu.be/I7cGmgHhEhg?t=2m14s
Don't worry about your son, he will be sent to the deep dark depths in no time.