SCP-914

Is there a way to tweak SCP-914 so that it doesn't produce mastercards or playing cards?
It takes several hundred attempts to get a level 3 card, and then it gets turned into a mastercard or playing card, resetting my progress.

Re: SCP-914

AllenWeiss wrote:Is there a way to tweak SCP-914 so that it doesn't produce mastercards or playing cards?
It takes several hundred attempts to get a level 3 card, and then it gets turned into a mastercard or playing card, resetting my progress.
If you're desperate, you can enter on the console 'spawnitem level 5 key card' to get the highest level card. Otherwise, that's how the game was programmed to make it harder for players and to not make us dependent on SCP-914 for everything immediately.

But if you really want to tweak SCP-914, you'll do so with the source code as uploaded by Regalis on GitHub and recompile SCP:CB if you have to.
SCP: Eric Breach nanomod maker (if anyone wants to revamp it be my guest, as it is now defunct)
Fan of Doctor Who, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Sleepy Hollow, Person of Interest, Happy (2017) and Silicon Valley. And also MCU films.

autotroph wrote:
AllenWeiss wrote:Is there a way to tweak SCP-914 so that it doesn't produce mastercards or playing cards?
If you're desperate, you can enter on the console 'spawnitem level 5 key card' to get the highest level card. Otherwise, that's how the game was programmed to make it harder for players and to not make us dependent on SCP-914 for everything immediately.

But if you really want to tweak SCP-914, you'll do so with the source code as uploaded by Regalis on GitHub and recompile SCP:CB if you have to.
Even when you are getting used to a new game development program, you still have to understand most of how the game coding works.

For experienced people with Blitz3D, its now like just editing a notepad file and viola, you got yourself a big change, but it still is confusing at first for newer people, because they barely understand what is given to them in Blitz3D And how to run it, etc.

Long gone are the 2012/3 days when 914 was so broken that an Omni Card was pretty much impossible to not get. In those days, that made the game incredibly easy.

If you check the SCP-914 outputs page on the wiki, you'll see the chance of getting a higher level keycard. Also, you can't feasibly get a Level 4 Keycard from 914 anymore, you have to find it yourself.