Re: [1.3.8] How to Mod/Edit Items?

NITro wrote:I'm new to making mods for SCP-Containment Breach :oops: and I don't know how to mod 1.3.8, so i was hoping to get some tips on how to do things like rename items or create all new items all together. Thanks :)
If you read through some of the other threads here, you can pretty much find all you need. I can't help you out much myself, but I hope this'll be enough.
I'm a lead developer of the SCP Containment Breach Unity Remake. Check it out! You might enjoy it
Official Website

Re: [1.3.8] How to Mod/Edit Items?

What you are going to need is a program called Blitz3D, which will let you edit and compile the source ".bb" files that contains the code for the game. You can find the source files for SCP v1.3.8 on github here.

I don't remember where I downloaded Blitz3D from, but if you google around or ask someone, you might find one. You will need to put the files that is in maveless_bin.zip (located in the SCP source folder) into your "/Blitz3D/Bin" folder.

Aside from that and basic coding knowledge, you should be good to go. To edit item names, edit the file "items.bb" and to make new items, edit "main.bb" and "items.bb" together. If you need coding help, either compare the code already compiled in the game or ask around. That should be all you need to get started.