[REQ] MTF Character Version Switch

This is a request for a 1.3.8 mod to be made that switches the new MTF character with the old MTF character. Bascially, making the mtf npc look like the old version. I've tried to do this before, but the bones and skeleton are different, so the animations won't work. Also, the behavior of the AI doesn't need to change, just the appearance of the npc. Many thanks to whoever is willing to make the mod.

Re: [REQ] MTF Character Version Switch

Elias2017 wrote:This is a request for a 1.3.8 mod to be made that switches the new MTF character with the old MTF character. Bascially, making the mtf npc look like the old version. I've tried to do this before, but the bones and skeleton are different, so the animations won't work. Also, the behavior of the AI doesn't need to change, just the appearance of the npc. Many thanks to whoever is willing to make the mod.
I've actually wondered how it would be like with the old mtf replacing the new ones it would be funny if it was in a nutshell :)

PC Games

My guess is that you're looking for an for PC Games.
Unfortunately this data wasn't very well kept, and there were hundreds
of small business game companies that only released a couple thousand
copies of a particular game, and then were never seen or heard from
again
jetpack joyride pc

MTF Character Version Switch

You need the old model and the textures keep any texture in the new MTF name keep the old MTF texture the same switch the new MTF texture with the old texture (you don't have to name the new model the same as the old) then play the game, it should run the game with the old model. (This works with every model)

Your wellcome.
OH YEAH MR. KRABS!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!! OH YEAH I'M FEELING IT NOW!!! OH YEAH :REDACTED:

Okay, I followed the steps provided in the last reply.

However, I'm at least 90% sure that I did something wrong.

I managed to port the model over, but everything else is broken.

The helmet IS textured, but it uses the zombie helmet texture whilst also adding a yellow visor on top, everything below the head is completely untextured, and the character moves around like they're lying down.

I set up a test save to do some tests with it, and no matter what I try, those are my results.

It may be because of my sheer inexperience with modifying game files that caused this bug, or it could be that I misread an instruction somewhere, but regardless, I need help with this.

You'd need to change the mesh itself, due to the new MTF facing the ground, and you'd need to change some code in the files so the animations are timed.
Well, I recently discovered (and by recently I mean today) the little tidbit that the new MTF model faces downwards on its face by using a program that can view .b3d models (but can't actually modify them), but I have no idea what lines of code I need to change and in which files the lines are, and how I would change the mesh. Probably isn't too easy to find tutorials on this type of thing either, considering that Blitz is no longer supported.

Unfortunately, what I have at the moment is probably the best I'm going to get, considering my complete lack of understanding when it comes to coding in Blitz 3D, and modifying .b3d files in general.

Thank you for the assistance regardless.

MrManGuySir wrote:
You'd need to change the mesh itself, due to the new MTF facing the ground, and you'd need to change some code in the files so the animations are timed.
Well, I recently discovered (and by recently I mean today) the little tidbit that the new MTF model faces downwards on its face by using a program that can view .b3d models (but can't actually modify them), but I have no idea what lines of code I need to change and in which files the lines are, and how I would change the mesh. Probably isn't too easy to find tutorials on this type of thing either, considering that Blitz is no longer supported.

Unfortunately, what I have at the moment is probably the best I'm going to get, considering my complete lack of understanding when it comes to coding in Blitz 3D, and modifying .b3d files in general.

Thank you for the assistance regardless.
A Free program you can use is FragMotion, it's a free program and it CAN modify meshes.