Re: Guide To Compiling The Source Code

Glitch wrote:I appear to be getting the same problem, first time I compile the source code it worked, only the program closed straight after being opened. I tried compiling again and got an error saying "function 'initext' not found".
I got the 1.98 update and put the fastext.dll in the userlibs folder, anything else I could be doing wrong?
Did you put FastExt.bb in the same folder as Main.bb? Run Blitz3D as admin?

I still haven't figured out how to fix my problem though. Damn "Memory access violation"...

A suggestion might be what someone did with another game I modded, which is where someone who had no problems compiling the code just uploaded his setup and folder structure for us to just extract and fiddle and compile for ourselves.
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile

; library system vars
Global FE_PivotSys% = 0
Global FE_InitExtFlag% = 0
Global FE_InitPostprocessFlag% = 0
Global FE_PostprocessTexture1% = 0
Global FE_PostprocessTexture2% = 0
Global FE_PostprocessTexture3% = 0
Global FE_PostprocessTexture4% = 0
Global FE_PostprocessTexture5% = 0

Fastext.bb seems to compile fine.
I'm not here as much right now, mention me on our Discord server if you need anything.

InnocentSam wrote: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17887537/craftingmod/Main.exe

I've been running it in the executable in the SCP directory before.
Doesn't work for me either.
Turn on debug mode in the compiler and screencap the debugger when the program crashes

Glitch:
Try retyping the 'initext' line, as you enter a new line the line should become 'InitExt' and turn blue.
If this doesn't work, add the line TextureLodBias above 'initext' and let me know what errors occur.
M-x dingus-mode

Glitch wrote:I get the same error, when I add TextureLodBias I get a function not found error for TextureLodBias
So I'm assuming that the text doesn't turn blue?
You may want to PM me your skype name to make this go faster. It seems like Blitz is including the library, but not the functions... I'm confused now...
Does replacing 'initext' with 'InitExt()' or 'InitExt%() help?
M-x dingus-mode