Guide To Compiling The Source Code

Step 1: 'Acquire' the full version of Blitz3D (Make sure you have a more recent version, otherwise Fast Extension may not compile properly. Found by InnocentSam)
Step 2: Get the trial version of the Fast Extension library: http://fastlibs.com/libraries.php (Full version is not needed, simply use the fastext.dll from SCP whenever it is referenced)
Step 3: Put the file in the decls folder + fastext.dll from fast extend to the userlibs folder inside your Blitz3d installation
Step 4: Add whatever include files you need in the same directory as the source code.
Step 5: Add the assets (mesh, audio, dlls, etc...) from the original game in their original folders
Step 6: Edit the code in whatever text editor you want
Step 7: Compile main.bb in Blitz3D (Turn Debug mode off)

Congratulations, you have compiled the source code into an executable. Distribute it as you please.

If you are getting any crashes, turn debug mode back on and run the program from Blitz3D. Either post the debugger message or a screenshot.
Last edited by MonocleBios on Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
M-x dingus-mode

Re: Guide To Compiling The Source Code

I still have issues, I compile the code and get the function not found error message and 'initext' is highlighted, if I simply "remove this error" then compile stops at 'BumpPower 0.03', if I remove this error...lets just say half the source code is gone by the time I can compile the scripts, the game doesn't really run.
I'm not here as much right now, mention me on our Discord server if you need anything.

Glitch wrote:I still have issues, I compile the code and get the function not found error message and 'initext' is highlighted, if I simply "remove this error" then compile stops at 'BumpPower 0.03', if I remove this error...lets just say half the source code is gone by the time I can compile the scripts, the game doesn't really run.
Is 'FastExt.bb' in the same directory as 'Main.bb'?
InnocentSam wrote:Alright so now it's compiled without any errors, I have my main.exe file, which I place into SCPCB 0.6.5 and run. Every time, it says "Memory access violation". Any ideas?
Sometimes you have to mess around with it to get it to run. I find that either running it in admin mode or disabling the launcher works most of the time.
M-x dingus-mode

MonocleBios wrote:
InnocentSam wrote:Alright so now it's compiled without any errors, I have my main.exe file, which I place into SCPCB 0.6.5 and run. Every time, it says "Memory access violation". Any ideas?
Sometimes you have to mess around with it to get it to run. I find that either running it in admin mode or disabling the launcher works most of the time.
I tried running it in admin. I'll disable the launcher and see what happens.
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile