SCP: Containment Breach - Language Pack Mod [DISCONTINUED]

SCP - Containment Breach- Language Pack Mod [DISCONTINUED]

As the title suggests, this mod (built on SCP: CB v0.6.5) adds support for "language packs", made of an INI file and separate GFX, SFX, etc. This mod does not copy every single texture, sound or model in the game, it justs copies what it needs (for the sake of space saving).

An example of "Item Translating" (not a true translation):
(Class D Orientation Leaflet)

To make a new language pack:

1) Copy the template folder and rename it.
2) Do the same with the template.ini file.
3) Edit options.ini to make it point to your new ini file.
4) Edit your ini file to point to the copied folder.
5) Edit resources as you wish to make your translation.

Current features
All visible strings can be translated.
All textures can be translated.
All sounds can be translated.
The loading screens can be translated.
The menu buttons adapt to the language pack.

Note: If a "Memory Access Violation" error appears after the launcher, just run the mod as administrator or disable the launcher in the configuration file.

DOWNLOAD LINK:
http://www.mediafire.com/?rq6nzom73c2k9zr

SOURCE CODE:
http://www.mediafire.com/?3arn7x62ndqu57w

Edited - 2th January, 2013:
The first release candidate is released. If no bugs or errors are detected, it's the full release.
Edited - 3th January, 2013:
Testing and comparison with un-modded SCP:CB lets me say that this mod is equally stable.
The Release Candidate is the full release.

Please give me some feedback if you downloaded and tried out this mod.
Last edited by juanjp600 on Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:34 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Re: SCP: Containment Breach - Language Pack Mod [RC1]

juanjpro wrote:
mrpeanut188 wrote:Would you be fine if I bundled this with my mod I'm making?
I wouldn't mind.
Ok, thanks. I'm making it kinda like a porta-mod pack. You just drop the files in and make a config.

[Edit]
Also, would you need me to translate? I have a "loved one" who can speak six languages. (English, Spanish, French, German, Mandarin, and a little of Chinese.)
She teaches English, Spanish, and French, and those are the only languages she is FLUENT in, not that she knows. :)

Re: SCP: Containment Breach - Language Pack Mod [Release]

Germanistgeek wrote:One question do we have to add sound effect ourselves for MTF and facility messages ? If so, could someone give me these effects in order to make the recordings ? i'm currently working on a french translation mod.
Yes, it's how it works. Unfortunately, I: am not a voice actor; can't speak in French, so I can't help you. Sorry :( I'd like to see it released however :D
mrpeanut188 wrote:would you need me to translate? I have a "loved one" who can speak six languages. (English, Spanish, French, German, Mandarin, and a little of Chinese.)
She teaches English, Spanish, and French, and those are the only languages she is FLUENT in, not that she knows. :)
Well, not me, since I'm working on a Spanish language pack and I speak in Spanish fluently. But maybe someone else would like your help, thanks anyway :D

Re: SCP: Containment Breach - Language Pack Mod [Release]

juanjpro wrote:
Juicy wrote:Where are you from? If you aren't Spanish and have any question I can help you
I'm from Argentina, thanks for offering your help. I might need some help for general terms in Spanish, but so far I'm doing okay.
My "Loved one", or my [REDACTED], is from Argentina. So is both my Grandparents.