[REL] [0.6.5] SCP-005 mod

The first modded SCP!

What this is
This is a mod for SCPCB 0.6.5 that adds in a (kinda) whole new SCP, and whole new room.
For those of you who don't know/can't be bothered to look it up, SCP-005 is a skeleton key that can open any lock, even electrical. What this mod does is replace the un-canonical Omni-Keycard with a canonical SCP.

How to install
Just drag and drop into the SCPCB 0.6.5 directory and run the modded exe. The source is included for anyone who'd like to see it.

Download
http://scpcbgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1597
This mod is now bundled with my 008 mod. Please download that.

Credits
Regalis for the game (obv) and helping me with a couple problems via PM.
MonocleBios for his guide and help in getting to compile the source code.
Me for making the mod.

Youtubez?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kcQc957PZE
Courtesy of Niborius
or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsXS1V24 ... e=youtu.be

Bug reports
I made this mod in a day, so if there are bugs, please report them here.
Last edited by InnocentSam on Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile

Re: [REL] [0.6.5] SCP-005 mod

Considering 914's weird way with refining properties, I wouldn't call the omnicard non-canon.

however, it is nice to see there is a real mod now. I can't try it out though because... well I don't know you, so I can't really trust what ever is behind that link, especially without a screenshot, or video, or anybody saying that it is all clear.

Awesomeguy147 wrote:however, it is nice to see there is a real mod now. I can't try it out though because... well I don't know you, so I can't really trust what ever is behind that link, especially without a screenshot, or video, or anybody saying that it is all clear.
The modder that Regalis trusts responded saying that he checked the code and it was fine. But if it makes you feel any better, I'll cook up a video.
Insanity's Bane wrote:Maybe it's because I'm incompetent with computers and files, but I can't seem to get this to work >.<
Any error message or anything?
EDIT: Sorry, I totally forgot to include a texture with the mod and it was crashing when it couldn't find it :P fixed now.
Twitter
Github Profile

It's a very nice mod, but access to the key should require a Level 4 clearance level, since open the door and getting it is both non-canon and it makes the game too easy once you find it.

juanjpro wrote:It's a very nice mod, but access to the key should require a Level 4 clearance level, since open the door and getting it is both non-canon and it makes the game too easy once you find it.
I see what you mean, but to be fair, the key only requires level 4 clearance level to take it, not to have access to it, so logic follows that there is no door. I'll be adding a door nonetheless though. And the game is as easy as if they got an omnikeycard.
Twitter
Github Profile

Okay I tested your mod and it looks great. There's only one minor problem.
When you use the key, you can't see the image of it in the middle of your HUD like you do with the other keys.

To fix this, replace the line in main.bb (only appears once, so search for it) :

Code: Select all

Case "key1", "key2", "key3", "key4", "key5", "key6", "keyomni"
with:

Code: Select all

Case "key1", "key2", "key3", "key4", "key5", "key6", "keyomni", "scp005"
M-x dingus-mode

MonocleBios wrote:Okay I tested your mod and it looks great. There's only one minor problem.
When you use the key, you can't see the image of it in the middle of your HUD like you do with the other keys.
Why didn't I know about this?