Re: Source Compiling and Item/Room Modding Guides

Hisamera wrote:I have a question. how do ovelays works, beacause i read up on internet that blitz3d don't accept alpha channels on images and doing it on entity is quite logical bypassing. But i don't quite understand them. Can someone explain please. Only this is making that my modding progress has stopped. Thanks in advance. :)
Overlays use specific blend modes to achieve transparency.

TextureBlend yourTexture,2 -> white = transparent
TextureBlend yourTexture,3 -> black = transparent

You also need to load textures with the alpha flag (LoadTexture("texture.jpg",1+2)) to enable transparency.

juanjpro wrote: TextureBlend yourTexture,2 -> white = transparent
TextureBlend yourTexture,3 -> black = transparent
so when i have texture and i will blend it that way "TextureBlend yourTexture,2" every white pixel will be transparent and when "TextureBlend yourTexture,3" every black pixel will be transparent (sorry for my stupidity i understand quite a lot from the source code but when i don't understand something i have to be certain) and how do i get between stages.
Hello there is a mod where you can participate Better SCP-914. with your help 914 will be properly complicated and unpredictable :P You can help with theory or code, even an sugestion will be greatly apreciated :D

So it's only know that I learned that Blitz3D is open source now :D All I have to do is register to the site to get the DL link :D But what version should I get though so I wouldn't have problems with SCP:CB and FastExt again? And has anyone DL-ed from the site as well?
SCP: Eric Breach nanomod maker (if anyone wants to revamp it be my guest, as it is now defunct)
Fan of Doctor Who, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Sleepy Hollow, Person of Interest, Happy (2017) and Silicon Valley. And also MCU films.

I quite don't understand (maybe because i'm not native english speaker) but if you want to get working userlibs pack there is link on my youtube discusion page go to page 8 of this forum first. It works for me and other people too so i think it will work for you too.
Hello there is a mod where you can participate Better SCP-914. with your help 914 will be properly complicated and unpredictable :P You can help with theory or code, even an sugestion will be greatly apreciated :D

Hisamera wrote:I quite don't understand (maybe because i'm not native english speaker) but if you want to get working userlibs pack there is link on my youtube discusion page go to page 8 of this forum first. It works for me and other people too so i think it will work for you too.
Thanks for that, my recompiling of SCP:CB with the source code has been successful :D
SCP: Eric Breach nanomod maker (if anyone wants to revamp it be my guest, as it is now defunct)
Fan of Doctor Who, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Sleepy Hollow, Person of Interest, Happy (2017) and Silicon Valley. And also MCU films.

HGMgames wrote:Where is a guide "How to add a document/item/new scp"?
For that you'd need to learn BlitzBasic. The language is easy enough, you just need to actually learn it. Though I'd recommend asking someone who knows how to code/script in it that kind of question. I'm just a Novice, and the most I can do is change text without help.. :S
My YouTube. I make bad content.
My Steam. Add me if you'd like.