New Mod: Remaking Light Containment Zone. (THIS MOD IS DEAD)

Hi there!

If you are on either official discord, you'd know that i'm remaking Light Containment Zone to be more modern and architecturally interesting.
These are some basic pictures. Note: These rooms are subject to change and suggestions are taken.

I've started to Jot down ideas to a google doc, if you're interested then you check in every so often and see if I've wrote anything: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wY5 ... sp=sharing

Pictures
Spoiler
Small hallway (Room2_5)
Straight Hallway (Room2)
The scp storage rooms (Room2scps)
012 Containment Chamber (Room012)
Corner Room with SCP-1162 (Room1162)
4 Way hallway (Room4)
3 Way hallway 1 (Room3_2)
3 Way hallway 2 (Room3)
2 way hallway with a door on the side:
2 way elevator room (Room2elevator)
2 way corner room (Room2c)
New Tesla Gate room (Room2tesla_lcz)
SCP 970's storage event (Room2storage)
Airlock doors (Room2doors)
Broken Airlock Room (Room2gw_b)
3 Way hallway from 1.3.10 (Room3_3)
2 Way hallway with fans (Room2_2)
4 Way info Room (Room4Info)
New LCZ doors! (Texture Change unless I find a suitable model)
Last edited by UniQueTrauma on Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:43 pm, edited 34 times in total.

Re: New Mod: Remaking Light Containment Zone.

Of course, I understand it's a mod. But hear me out.

The architecture is stunning, for sure. A lot more complex and striking than the original.
I'm just not a big fan of the big room design for Containment Breach. A corridor is generic no matter how beautiful it is.
I'd focus effort on making rooms that are unique and challenge the player when they're encountered.
Perhaps designing a room that makes use of the crouching mechanic or rooms you're meant to explore for resources or information rather than just basic, white junction rooms.
"Is he dead?"
"You wanna check his pulse?"
"Um, let's just say he's dead."

Re: New Mod: Remaking Light Containment Zone.

Sic wrote:Of course, I understand it's a mod. But hear me out.

The architecture is stunning, for sure. A lot more complex and striking than the original.
I'm just not a big fan of the big room design for Containment Breach. A corridor is generic no matter how beautiful it is.
I'd focus effort on making rooms that are unique and challenge the player when they're encountered.
Perhaps designing a room that makes use of the crouching mechanic or rooms you're meant to explore for resources or information rather than just basic, white junction rooms.
I'm happy with the mod I've created but I feel that you have a point, now I've already created things that don't just remake the simple corridors, 939's area has already been pretty fleshed out and I'm proud of it, and a couple of new things on top of that, it's not just a remake, it's an overhaul.