Why does 096 cry? And other SCP theories

After doing some reading up on 096 I had a thought that occurred to me, one of his most defining characteristics when docile is his crying. What is he crying over? I'm quite interested in hearing some theories about why 096 does what he does. Or any other SCP for that matter. Conjecture is my cat nip and any theory would be interesting to me.

If I may as to be so bold as to suggest that the reason 096 cries is because of us? Literally the person who created him as an SCP article who could have imagined his face in perfect detail, but with 0956 unable to ever reach him and do [REDACTED] to him. There have been some instances of meta articles and (Up ahead is a spoiler about a SCP-001 possibility. If, for some reason, you haven't read about it then please do read Dr Swann's proposal)
Spoiler
one of SCP-001's proposals involves our existence and how it affects the Foundation verses so its not too removed from the possibility.
Other theories about other SCPs are also appreciated.

Re: Why does 096 cry? And other SCP theories

Actually it was never reported that SCP-096 made ANY noise when docile but instead would start crying and babbling loudly AFTER someone saw his face.
It's not even clear if he makes any kind of noise while he's trying to... re-compose... himself after killing his victim.

But some people (myself included) thought it was odd that he would just sit/walk quietly while idle and hence the idea of SCP-096 crying/sniffing when idle was born.
However I'm still a bit sad that Regalis has yet to give him any idle noise when he's up and walking and not sitting on his butt.
If I may as to be so bold as to suggest that the reason 096 cries is because of us? Literally the person who created him as an SCP article who could have imagined his face in perfect detail, but with 0956 unable to ever reach him and do [REDACTED] to him.
That would only work if it was actually stated that SCP-096 cries ALL the time :D But I find the idea interesting.
My Youtube Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSerimah

SCP-500 wrote:I still want to know what happens if 096 sees it's own face throw a mirror or something, would it attack itself?.
That's actually a good point. There's some debate on 096's sentience so it might be simply reacting to the stimuli of having its face observed, if that's the case then it should start attacking itself.

I've been curious about 914 recently and it sort of reminded me of Schroedinger's thought experiment with how the item in the input is sealed and cut off from the rest of the universe and then reappears in the output changed through no observable means. We also know that 914 has a non-standard space-time (Meaning that it doesn't work like the Laws of Physics says it should) so, what if 914 is really exchanging items between universes? Like, in Universe A we put in a coke can and in Universe B we put a pepsi can in and both happened to be on the setting 1:1; causing them to be switched. And the reverse is true when it comes to refining on Fine, Very fine, Coarse and Rough. Like in Universe A we put in a desktop computer on fine and gain an advanced computer, while in Universe B a very advanced computer is put in on the opposite setting and gains the desktop computer.

Of course, just speculation but that's what this thread is about.

SCP-500 wrote:I still want to know what happens if 096 sees it's own face throw a mirror or something, would it attack itself?.
Honestly, I don't think he would attack himself. Given the fact that SCP-096 used to "live in the wild" he would have eventually come across his own reflection at some point.
Plus the fact that he seems to possess SOME KIND of memory (he never attacked SCP-682 again after he seemed to realize that his rage was absolutely futile).

So all in all he's like an animal and behaves as such for the most part. Unless of course SCP-096 would be unable to recognize himself in the reflection and simply attack/eat the mirror.
That's also a possibility.

Just had another question, maybe it seems a bit weird but let's use this as an example situation:

A person views 096's face and then goes into a rocket and flies to another planet and stays there very long. Physically, 096 would be unable to get to the person to kill him/her. What would he do? Would he wait until the person comes back to earth, even if it took years? Or would he give up after some time. And is it intellegent enough to realize that the person is impossible to reach?
Do you think NASA invented thunderstorms to cover up the sound of space battles?

Akatos wrote:Just had another question, maybe it seems a bit weird but let's use this as an example situation:

A person views 096's face and then goes into a rocket and flies to another planet and stays there very long. Physically, 096 would be unable to get to the person to kill him/her. What would he do? Would he wait until the person comes back to earth, even if it took years? Or would he give up after some time. And is it intellegent enough to realize that the person is impossible to reach?
He is still subject to the laws of physics and it does indeed have a memory, as SCP-096 forever remembers his loss against SCP-682 and refuses to go anywhere near that lizard.

Whether it will wait for years or not is still up for debate. We could always ask the original author of SCP-096 but it's unlikely considering how little of us were accepted to the site.
STEAM
## LOG OFF.

Well given the fact that the ORIGINAL author of SCP-096 is gone we will never know for sure what he'd do.
096 can obviously jump/dive extremely high/deep but I think that's that.
Unless his physical strength (while enraged) purely depends on the distance between himself and his victim.

If that were the case then maybe he'd be able to jump with enough force to leave orbit. But then what? We know he's not the smartest (or most elegant... seriously? Crashing through several HOUSES because he tumbled down a hill? The mental image will never cease to make me facepalm)
He might just continue floating through space like a screaming piece of meat as he SHOULD be unable to steer himself. But we're talking about SCPs that defy the laws of physics on a daily basis, so such qualities shouldn't even shock us.
Even though it's more than unlikely. He'd probably rage in-place for a few days and then remain upset for quite a while but eventually calm down.
However, I'd wager that he'd go for his victim again as soon as he/she came back to his proximity.

That mirror thing... Same thing for 173: If it saw itself in a mirror, would it be unable to move forever? Does it even have some kind of eyes and if yes, are they closable?

My personal theory is that seeing it through a mirror doesn't count as "direct" line of sight.
Do you think NASA invented thunderstorms to cover up the sound of space battles?