Izumi Kato (Creator of 173 look) Gave Foundation Permission

Hey everyone,

Some big news occurred recently.

Some of you remember when I received permission from Izumi Kato (Creator of the 173 sculpture) to use 173's likeness in the trailer.
After talking with the scp staff about the subject, I decided to email him afterwards to ask about giving permission to the Foundation to use the image of 173. I responded asking he respond to them in giving them answer.

At around this time, two staff members sent emails to him hoping he will respond after responding to me. Just recently he has.

This is what he said:

"Dear <staff member>,

I read your email.

First of all, I wanted you to contact me, the artist, to confirm my decision on the use of image of “Untitled 2004” as SCP173 before you and member of SCP foundation use it.

I will reluctantly permit this secondary use of the image of “ Untitled 2004” as SCP173 unless SCP foundation use it for commercial reasons, because there is a situation that many people have recognized SCP173.

But I have a certain concept and making purpose about this sculpture. I made a drawing of “Untitled 2004” before I created this sculpture. Of course, the concept of SCP173, which SCP foundation set, is significantly different from concept of “ Untitled 2004”.

Accordingly, I want SCP foundation to add a note of caution; SCP 173 is a secondary use of the image of “Untitled 2004”, which was created by Izumi Kato. The concept of SCP173 does not have any relationship with the artist’s original concept of “Untitled 2004”.

I won’t complain about you and SCP foundation using my sculpture's image unless it is used for commercial purposes. However, I plan to take legal measures to demand an injunction if someone uses this image for commercial purposes.

I hope that you and SCP foundation will please kindly heed about my feelings about “ Untitled 2004” and SCP173.

Best,

Izumi Kato"

This means that any non commercial work of 173's image is okay. Which includes Containment Breach.

No more need to worry about that anymore :)
Creator of SCP: Containment Breach Trailers, Creator of Containment Breach: Run.

http://www.gageallen.com