Re: Offical News forum information

ndi05 wrote:
CommanderPro100 wrote:Can't you set it so that regular users aren't able to post new threads here?
So good to be true!
No, leave it! It would test if new members read the rules and faq. Just add it somewhere in the rules, or make a "Officials News forum rules" thread, and let's see who read the rules, and who doesn't.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

OFFICIAL NEWS: OFFICIAL NEWS FORUM CREATED!

\
Steelpoint wrote:There does not appear to be an option, trust me I tried. The best I can do is lock the entire forum so only Admins and maybe Moderators can post. But that means absolutely no once can even post a comment.
In phpBB? I thought there was a create topics permission. In the ACP, try looking under the global permissions, then see if you can find it, and then search up the wording.

That Same Anon wrote:
Oskar-PL wrote:@up
Yeah! Let's kick some minges :twisted:
YUS, GET RID OF THE IDIOTS. YOU'RE A GENIUS. LISTEN TO THIS MAN STEELPOINT. FOR HE IS SMARTER THEN EINSTEIN.

:P
How is he compared to Nikola Tesla though? also wouldn't you be talking about Darwin in this kind of conversation?

Just an observation.

Anyways, this seems to be good, it allows people to see the important stuff easy, without sifting through the crap.

spartan322 wrote:So, what you can do is, post in the rules something like "Making a thread in the Official News forums will consist of an inmediate warning". Since newbies are supposed to read the rules, they would have no excuse if they make a thread here and get a warning.
The first post on this thread also tells them to please not make any threads in the Official News, and if people still doesn't read it or get it then they have no excuse to posting one in here.
What fun is there in making sense?
Now, if you will excuse me i have some chaos to wreak.
Resident forum robot monkey, and chaos incarnate.