How should signature pictures be regulated?

No animated signatures and a height limit
Total votes: 11 (38%)
No animated signatures, filesize limit and a height limit
Total votes: 13 (45%)
No signature pictures at all
Total votes: 5 (17%)
Total votes: 29

Signature limitations

I think some rules are needed concerning signature pictures. Some people have started using large (> 1 MB), animated pictures, which is extremely annoying to people with a slower internet connection. I also think it's a bit distracting when the signatures take up more space than the actual posts. Personally I'd rather just disable [img]-tags from signatures entirely, but I'm pretty sure most users wouldn't want that, so let's have a vote. I'll close the poll on Wednesday.

Re: Signature limitations

Animated signatures does take a considerable amount of my computer's attention on any and all forums i go to.
Non-animated signatures takes a great amount less of it's attention.
What fun is there in making sense?
Now, if you will excuse me i have some chaos to wreak.
Resident forum robot monkey, and chaos incarnate.

I should probably change my sig then.
I'm not here as much right now, mention me on our Discord server if you need anything.

I'm honestly not very fond of signature pictures myself 8\ I find that large ones tend to distract from the person's post, and having multiple people with image signatures, stretches the page, which can cause lag for some users that don't have the best connection. it also makes the forums harder to browse for users that like to view the forums from their phones ((like me)), since they'll have to scroll through big images to read more actual posts.

if signature limit is a MUST HAVE OR ELSE THE FORUM SUCKS!!!, then I would recommend the limit be something like one image per signature, 480x80px and 30KB max size, with .gif, .jpg. and .png being the allowed formats. That's the size limit on another forum I frequent, both on the computer and on my phone, and it works out nicely. 30KB gifs shouldn't be much of a problem, but I'm fine with not allowing gifs at all.

so in summary, I vote NO for signature images, but if people MUST have their precious images, then please keep it relatively smallish for the sake of other users~

I do think there should be a limit to both an animated image and its size. As slower internet users should not be harshly punished for already slow speeds.

In response to any questions the reason for my prior image choice was so people could realize that the Img tag was back.
SCP:CB Administrator. 99% of my statements are my own and do not represent the official developers viewpoint.

We should limit the amount of big pictures you can have too. One large non animated picture, up to two small ish non animated ones, as long as they don't take up more space than your posts, and you can have a few animated or non animated userbar-ish pictures as long as their file size isn't too big
I WANT TO [REDACTED] INSIDE TWILIGHT SPARKLE
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Atheros drivers SUCK!

Come on guys. You know my signature is the best thing ever.

Code: Select all

Omniary: fuck you anglerfish can't smell
Dr. Trialtrex21: how you know bitch
Omniary: it probably could smell you though
could probably smell your fucking dank ass nasty powersuit structure gel trog ass enslaved protein bullshit sloshing in your suit from a mile away

Destructoid wrote:BANE!
FUCKING
BANE

Code: Select all

Omniary: fuck you anglerfish can't smell
Dr. Trialtrex21: how you know bitch
Omniary: it probably could smell you though
could probably smell your fucking dank ass nasty powersuit structure gel trog ass enslaved protein bullshit sloshing in your suit from a mile away