Re: Bot injected code (Warning: Extremely Epic)

Awesomeguy147 wrote:
Lol, it still hurts from where I was trolled with that image, you guys should all get google chrome and adblock plus, I guarantee once you go chrome, you never go back. (Lol, will any of you get that reference? I am so racist .-.)
Mandatory blank signature, here.

I havent seen too many bot posts lately, have I been missing out on them or have the bots not been posting lately?

One of my classmates had an idea for an anti bot measure. His idea was to have 1 forum section, like the Off-Topic section, but have different posting rules on that section including:

No restriction on when you can make a new thread. (Might seem bad at start, but if the bots goes to where they are able to post threads right away, they wouldnt waste our time looking through threads to find the their posts)

Posts made on that section wouldnt count towards total post count. (Say someone made a thread with 3 posts by himself on that section, they wouldnt be counted towards his posts count outside of that section, preventing the botsnfrom spreading out of the section that was made for them)

I asked him why he thought that would be a good idea, and his answer was that it would allow the bots to be found faster and banned faster, but he wasnt sure on what programming it would take to do that.
What fun is there in making sense?
Now, if you will excuse me i have some chaos to wreak.
Resident forum robot monkey, and chaos incarnate.

Sparks wrote:I havent seen too many bot posts lately, have I been missing out on them or have the bots not been posting lately?

One of my classmates had an idea for an anti bot measure. His idea was to have 1 forum section, like the Off-Topic section, but have different posting rules on that section including:

No restriction on when you can make a new thread. (Might seem bad at start, but if the bots goes to where they are able to post threads right away, they wouldnt waste our time looking through threads to find the their posts)

Posts made on that section wouldnt count towards total post count. (Say someone made a thread with 3 posts by himself on that section, they wouldnt be counted towards his posts count outside of that section, preventing the botsnfrom spreading out of the section that was made for them)

I asked him why he thought that would be a good idea, and his answer was that it would allow the bots to be found faster and banned faster, but he wasnt sure on what programming it would take to do that.
The main issue with a 'honeypot' in this context is that it becomes incredibly easy for anyone to overload the server with database queries. Given that the current host this site has doesn't provide all that much bandwith, this wouldn't end well.

As far as I know, the current security question upon registration has done quite well as a restriction, not that I know the current bots/wk statistics or anything. I'm not all that great with securing databases anyways so don't mind me.
M-x dingus-mode

Juicy wrote:
Michael Fisheon wrote:Strange. This doesn't happen to me.

Every time I log on and off, I have no problems. I guess I'm lucky. :106:
It doesn't happen anymore
Man I feel stupid. :evil:
Anyone from the Invader Zim Shipping Fanon Wiki is a cocksucking cunt. I'm looking at you Mas...